iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

Good to keep a spare fitting around. The O ring will eventually let go as well. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Rich,

Been there, done that. Fortunately WM is quick to respond and an easy fix. As I remember we were able to stick the hose down in the tank and run the mill till the part got here a couple days later.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Been there, "done that" too Howard!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Crusarius

So today I was replacing the blown out ballast in the fluorescent light with 2 nice new led tubes. I was smart. I pulled the string and shut the light off. But then I was promptly dumb right after that and forgot the feed was still very much live. I did not pop the breaker but pretty sure something else popped. Like my pants :)

Then after that I was going under the sawmill frame to turn another light off. Well there is a clamp on it that has been holding the linear bearing to it. I managed to drag my nice bald head all the way down the clamp. Looks like grand canyon in my head. When I looked up after it was done there was a very large chunk of skin still on the end of the bar clamp.

Anybody want pics? 

WV Sawmiller

Cru,

No thanks. I am still traumatized from the last MagicMan pictures.

Guys,

If you have sore aching muscles and use heating rubs like Ben Gay and such be sure to thoroughly wash your hands before you go pee. 'Nuff said.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Brad_bb

I touched an upright with my band on Friday after well over a year of not doing so.  Luckily I was going slow and backed off as soon as I felt/heard it.  The band should be ok after resharp, and it's just going to add to the scars on the uprights.

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

SawyerTed

@Crusarius my head hurts thinking about that!  

@WV Sawmiller I have no words.....but ooooowwww!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Nebraska

Tough day guys. In lots of areas. :o

Crusarius

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 11, 2020, 09:33:40 PMIf you have sore aching muscles and use heating rubs like Ben Gay and such be sure to thoroughly wash your hands before you go pee. 'Nuff said.

Worth repeating!!!! That goes the same for icy hot!!!!!!

WV Sawmiller

That is actually the brand I use (Not that it has ever happened to me you understand....). :o
Howard Green

Nebraska

So I hadn't taken the time to shave for a couple days and my razor was dull so got a new one out of the package. ....I'll spare you the rest involves  no styptic powder...pencil eraser sized divot on my chin, now  my chin is  packing a bandaid... skipping church.... I handle sharp things everyday.
At least it's a regular bandaid not Buzz Light Year..... 
Also previous posts made me remember the icy hot in the jock strap prank from high school football.

Crusarius

If I am going to sport a bandaid it better be a good one. I will rock anything as long as its not spongebob!

jeepcj779

What do you have against Spongebob?

Southside

Another thing to remember - don't squish a stink bug close enough to your face that it hits you in the eye --- it's worst than CS and Pepper spray together, discovered that the other day!!! 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

Nebraska, I have lost count of the number of times I winged myself with a razor. I have to remember to shave BEFORE I put on a clean shirt.
Southside my wife had never encountered stink bugs before we moved to the Okanagan, she freaked when they made their annual appearance. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

jeepcj779

I hate stink bugs. Can't grow decent tomatoes anymore. I wish the government would allow wide distribution of that Asian Samurai wasp that kills them.

Crusarius

pretty sure they brought in stinkbugs to kill something else then something else to kill them. every time they bring in something to kill something else it ends up being worse than what they killed. I wish ppl would stop meddling in the affairs of mother nature.

jeepcj779

Stink bugs came over in shipping containers from Asia (Japan, China, Korea) in the late 1990's. No natural predators here, so they spread quickly. They are resistant to pesticides and cause millions of dollars per year in crop damage across the country, and they also ruin my tomatoes. Where they come from in Asia, stink bugs are not a problem because they are naturally controlled by mother nature with the Samurai wasp. I'm all for widespread release in the States, as they are already beginning to establish natural populations in some areas of the northeast (apparently some wasps are making it here in shipping containers also).

SawyerTed

First my wife's cousin brewed a cup of coffee in her fancy k cup machine yesterday.  Her husband bought a new flavor of coffee and she wasn't sure she cared for the flavor.  When she got to the bottom of her first cup of the day she decided to check the coffee, the coffe maker and the k cup.  Yep, a stink bug between the k cup and the bottom of the cup holder.  She promptly puked in the kitchen sink.

Second, Neem Oil is an excellent organic pesticide/fungicide that prevents stink bugs from hurting tomatoes, squash and other vegetables.  It doesn't work like a synthetic pesticide but is more a systemic so it takes more frequent applications to begin with.  Combined with an insecticidal soap it is very effective.  Don't expect to see insects falling over dead initially but over a week or so it works!  The other benefit is it is a natural fungicide and leaf polish.  Just don't use it on broccoli, Neem Oil will taint the flavor.

Permetherin is an excellent stink bug repellant. Sprayed around doors, windows, attic vents etc it helps repell stink bugs.  We have a tenth of the things this year since I sprayed Permetherin.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

FWIW and because inquiring minds want to know - when I was working in Jeddah Saudi Arabia I learned a Neem tree is a chinaberry tree. I assume that is where neem oil comes from. Our CBs were round and the ones over there were oblong. Over there it is a well loved tree with many medical uses.

Dad grew up in N. central Fla along the Suwannee River in Dixie County and most folks ran free range hogs and had a hog claim registered with the county (Remember what started the Hatfield McCoy feud?). Dad said they would cut every chinaberry tree they found because he said their hogs would starve to death sitting under a chinaberry tree waiting for a chinaberry to fall rather than getting out and foraging on acorns and other available forage. I think my horse is like that - he will starve to death waiting at the gate for me to bring him a cup of sweet feed rather than grazing on knee high pasture grass.
Howard Green

Nebraska

@SawyerTed  ok it's winter up here what do your stink bugs look like? It's past season here I just wonder if what I call a stink bug is the same. Curious that's all. 
@WV Sawmiller ,  I really think it's common in horses as well as goats....

SawyerTed

It's winter here too but it was 70° today.

@Nebraska,  Southern Stink bug y'all.  :)

Nebraska

Yep same stink bug, they don't do so well at 14°. Haven't seen one for months.

Southside

Either of you have the green ones now? They are smaller, only been seeing them for about a year or two.  76 here today.... ;D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Brad_bb

@SawyerTed I hate those little suckers.  You vacuum them up and they stink the place up! I deal with those coming in in the farmhouse here. I'll bet they get in the attic vent and find their way down.  Fortunately I'm not long for this house!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!