iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to buy: asphalt expansion tape and butyl tape

Started by NeedsMoreToys, February 16, 2021, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedsMoreToys

I haven't founded a place that sells either tape in longer rolls. What I did find was pretty expensive per foot. Start adding that up across every joint and log it gets real pricey. Where do you buy you asphalt and/or butyl tape?
Thanks

kantuckid

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

sprucebunny

I bought butyl tape to use on a steel roof on Amazon. It's not cheap.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Sod saw

Hi Toys,

I have gotten tape from window shops.  They use it between layers of fixed glass. It comes in rolls but not to wide.  I have also used some wider rolls to go in between the top half and the bottom half of some 2500 gal concrete septic tanks while placing the tanks in the ground.  Those rolls are wider than the window tape.  

Edit:   Butyl
LT 40 hyd.          Solar Kiln.          Misc necessary toys.
It's extremely easy to make things complicated, but very difficult to keep things simple.

Ventryjr

Butyl tape can be found at commercial HVAC suppliers or sheet metal company's.  It's used as a gasket between sections of duct work when using duct mate.   Most shops refer to it as duct mate gasket or 4-bolt gasket.  Comes in 50ft rolls 1/2"ish wide.  Most hvac shops buy it buy the case or pallet 
-2x belsaw m14s and a Lane circle mill.

Don P

Or your local metal roof shop. 

The asphalt impregnated foam gasket, I've only gotten from log home suppliers, pricey.

kantuckid

Call the web number for Man-Sea Metal in Winchester, KY and another location in OH.  My current log materials source is not a sponsor here->located in Knoxville, TN and on the web too. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!