iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks to all my unknown Friends

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 25, 2013, 03:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I explained in another thread, in Sawmills and Milling, about my Buddy who sawed his fingers off. He's been out of work for a while as a logger and went back to the Doctor today. One finger is growing back on, but the one that is bandaged, he will probably lose. I milled his Cedar today so he and his wife could get back to building birdhouses. First time I have ever done this, but I didn't charge him anything. I just felt it was the right thing to do.

His name is Clarence and he told me to tell you all, thanks for the thoughts and well wishes.
And a special thanks to his Forestry Forum Angel.  smiley_thumbsup

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Well hallelujah!!  Good for you.

For sure, an FF angel....... at least for a day or two.. ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

I hope all goes well for Clarence and his wife.  Everyone knows what goes around comes around, good deeds never go unnoticed, especially by the Big Guy!  The One who really matters,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on March 25, 2013, 04:15:13 PM
Well hallelujah!!  Good for you.

For sure, an FF angel....... at least for a day or two.. ;D

I was not the Angel......twas another member.  :)

beenthere

QuoteFirst time I have ever done this, but I didn't charge him anything.

I thought of an angel here.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on March 25, 2013, 04:25:07 PM
QuoteFirst time I have ever done this, but I didn't charge him anything.

I thought of an angel here.  ;)

Thanks BeenThere.....but truly to my surprise and Clarence's surprise, there was another Angel with a Halo that had a little larger diameter than mine.  :)

clww

And I always thought FFA was Future Farmers of America.
Good job, David! ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

Nice thing you've done there David!

Wouldn't surprise me if Clarence will have paying sawjobs for you in the future!

Nice when someone really, and I mean really appreciates the fact that you've gone above and beyond the norm.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

isawlogs

Ya did good young man, ya did good.    :) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Nomad

Well Done, Poston.  A big pat on the back for the other anonymous angel, too!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

dgdrls

His acts of kindness to animals and your generosity speak volumes for both of you.
Well done gentlemen,  very best to both you

DGDrls

Riggs

Well done David and the FF angel.
Nothing but the best folks here.  :)
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

A very good deed Poston. Tell Clarence good luck and I wish him well. To our Forum Forestry Angel, FFA,I like that clww,  ;D  I want to thank you too for thinking of someone that needs some help and you reached out to them.  8)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scully

No greater gift than that of giveing ! Helpin someone in need or just because is the greatest thing ! Treasures in heaven my friend ! You did the right thing !
I bleed orange  .

KyTreeFarmer

The gift of giving is one of the great gifts we get from God. Good job, both of you givers.
KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!