iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Whats a WALL?

Started by Old Greenhorn, February 10, 2019, 09:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

I went to my profile to update my searchable location because google maps was only showing half my town and placing me on the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak (in the high dollar district).
 Anyway, I saw this 'wall' thing and have no idea what it is, or see how to access it. How does that work and what is it for. I have seen no posts on any other user's walls either, except for Jeff. Is it just a moderator thing? Or is it something that is just not used by the forum members. Just curious.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Southside

Good question, and I really don't know either.  The only place I have seen anything on a wall is some "graffiti" that Jeff (as one of them called it) had put on Postons wall when that feature first came out.  I looked around at others too and never saw more so was not sure what it does. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Basically thats what it is, a place to leave graffiti, but the rules of the forum still apply to content. Actually, it was part of another modification that I really could not separate without major technical difficulty, so there it is.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

OK, so it is seldom used, but if one found a use for it, how would one use it? I don't see any access to it.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

If you click on someones profile, and then click on their wall link, you are offered with a box to leave that member a message on their wall. Everyone can see what you leave, It is only private past the members.

Old Greenhorn

Well, I don't want to sound like I am beating this to death, but I don't see that box to leave a message. It's not there and I really looked. This is actually what prompted the original question. As an admn you may see it, but as a user I do not. Still, no big deal, was just curious. Admins are busy enough, I didn't mean to use up your time like this.

doc henderson

I went to OGs profile, clicked on wall, it says no comments on the wall, but no option to leave "grafitti"  that I can see
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

You can also write on your own wall.

Old Greenhorn

Sorry Jeff, I must be a dolt, but I can find no box, button, or menu item to allow this, even on my own wall.

Old Greenhorn

This is what I see when I click on my wall.

Jeff

Could be Ive never enabled it. I'll take a look.

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

It is gratifying to know that I did not miss it. Thank you for taking the time. I don't know how you did that fancy type stuff, but no matter. I just thought I was missing how that thing Feature worked. I had thought it was a place somebody could leave a story or something, but now I see there is a short character limit which explains the purpose a little better. Kind of like tacking a note on a neighbors front door.