iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Video tutorial on how to upload a photo using the java uploader.

Started by Jeff, December 30, 2010, 08:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hopefully this short little tutorial might help those that have trouble with not having java on their computer and thus haveing trouble uploading a photo. My computer quit and I had to get a new machine and I knew it did not have java installed, so I figured it was a good time to try and do this.  I hope you find it helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yclpxy7gorI
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Well done Jeff.
That should help posting by new users, and even some of us "old" ones.

However, I usually use the preview button to see that there are no surprises before clicking the "post" button.

Thanks

You must have had a premonition?      ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I rarely use the preview. I hit post then scramble with the modify button.  :)

Warbird

badpenny

Looks much easier than resizing with another program, then putting in the gallery. Thanks, Jeff. Will try it tomorrow after the blizzard hits here and I have some time.
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Bibbyman

Nuts!   >:(

I tried what you did and got about 12 windows and a bunch more installs.  Then the PC rebooted.  Then I come back to life and back to the Forum and still no Java uploader.

It may be blocked?

I go to my "Manage Add-Ons" and Sun Microsystems, inc is there with three lines.

Java Plug in 1.6.0_23  Enabled
Jave SE Runtime Env...  Disabled
Jave plug in 2 SSV  ...  Enabled.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Well,  I "enabled" the "disabled" and got a picture upladed after a bit of work.  But then I went to post a picture and my internet sesion went cabluie (or however you spell it).   >:(

Let me post this and try putting the picture in again.

There!  I'm up to modern times now!   8)

Sawing since '94

Jeff

pigman

I got the answers. 8)    He has lint on his socks, he only has one paint leg and he needs new shoe strings.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

Bibbyman

Them old Redwings are as old as my granddaughters!  I get new laces but only replace one at a time and then after it's been broken and retied so many times they're too short.

I got a pair of "good" boots I wore to the office and now when we dress up to go out.  They're even older than these.
Sawing since '94

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ianab

Just so people are aware - there is a gremlin in the Java uploader where if the image has too much detail it won't be compressed enough to upload.

This one for example

I had to massage that one and increase the compression to get the file small enough, and upload it manually. 3 out of the 11 pics in the post would not upload, but they were all the "busy" ones.

Seems to mostly be a problem for me, but anyone else taking pictures in a rainforest may have similar issues. Any picture involving snow is not a problem as they compress just fine   ;) :D

This one uploaded fine with Java, must be the brown areas compress a bit better.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

Yup, that's the sort of thing I was referring to right at the end of the video. :)

I had the same problem with this photo.

ely

i want to thank jeff for the new to me juploader on here for pics. and for anyone having problems with pictures please just watch this and pay attention. if i can do this , anyone can do this. a person does not get anymore technically challenged than me.

ErikC

I just put in a bunch of pictures, and about midway Jeff PM'ed me to try the java uploader. Sad to say I was doing it the hard way, and they were coming out smaller. It took a few minutes of fooling around, and then fine.  The uploader is much easier, and they are coming out better. Thanks for the advice Jeff, sorry I didn't figure it out sooner. :-\
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws