iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farmi 351

Started by goat704, March 26, 2018, 12:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat704

Well I found a used Farmi 351 that I purchased. I have a question for you pro's as I've never used one.
My tractor has a hydraulic top link on the 3 point hitch, will this create a problem, or will it stay put?

mike_belben

Probably wont hurt the equipment but it does mean a lot of pressure will be in one of the lines while winching and skidding.  Were it to let go you may have a fluid injection risk.  Would be a bit safer to either swap in a fixed TL or chain it.
Praise The Lord

Riwaka

For some tractor 3 point  hitch applications I made a top link with cat 2 lower link ball ends welded to a piece of steel.
Never had to worry about operators undoing the top link and pulling loads with too few threads on a acrew adjustable top link.

Look up the online manuals for operating procs.
Manuals | Tractor Mounted Winches - Farmiwinch.com

47sawdust

For winch applications the hyd. top link has no real advantage.A manual top link is easier to adjust for initial installation of the attachment.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

g_man

Interesting - I have a 351 on M5640. Last week I took off the standard TL and put on a hydraulic TL that I had. This was the first season with this rig and I found that because the TL is at so steep an angle that the winch rolls back severely when raised. Often the winch butt plate jams hard into the butt end of the logs when it rolls back preventing any free swing in the hitch. The hydraulic TL allows me to relieve that problem by lengthening it when I raise the winch if I have to. So far it has worked well with no troubles but it has only been a short time.

gg

Ed_K

My neighbor built a hydro top link just for the purpose that g-man stated. It's been in use for over 5 yrs and has had no problems. He pulls a lot of full length w/pine and hemlock for fire wood for his maple operation.
Ed K

47sawdust

Well there you go,guess I'll have to try that myself.Glad I consider myself a lifelong learner.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

John Mc

I leave my hydraulic toplink on all the time when using my logging winch (Uniforest 35E - very similar specs to a Farmi 351). It has not caused me any problems.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!