iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Relearning to walk

Started by Bruno of NH, May 25, 2020, 03:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

Bruno that is awesome! You may well just work yourself out of needing the doctors, you can do it. Keep it up!

barbender

Hey Bruno, that just brightened my day- good on ya!!👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

You can feel proud of yourself for realizing that you need to move forward and not wait for the doctors. 

Everyone is different and you know more about you than anyone on the planet. 

"Atta boy!" 8)

Say when

RichTired

Great news Bruno!  

Keep up the good work.  smiley_clapping
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

CCCLLC

Well done and keep up the spirit. You are inspiring others with your hard work, me for one.

Bruno of NH

Having a bad knee week this week.Been super busy and the right knee is swelled up like a bowling ball. 
I'm pushing through it .
Still walking .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Walnut Beast

Ice it down. Be careful. Easy does it 👍

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Bruno of NH

I have been super busy all summer and moving better.
But with the up and down in temperature it has put me in a down mode.
Hard to sleep at night and all my joints are hurting bad.
The good thing is staying busy keeps my mind off it.
Till it's time to get in the house.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Tacotodd

My friend has tried the gelitan (sp) boxes of this stuff mixed with water and before it tries to setup at all drinks it all down very quickly.

He got a hyperextended knee roughly in 08 and was "repaired" by the VA. That's not at all perfect but does give him SOME relief. BUT, after going through all of this his knee has slowly been getting worse and worse, he's been really tempted to get it redone by someone else and the VA will pay for half. That's what he tells me. 

May or may not work. Just hoping for you!
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

Before we visited you, PatD & I visited with FF member @loggah.  During a conversation he mentioned that he could not make it without Glucosamine Chondroitin.  Since Pat has always had knee/leg pain her ears perked up and she gave it a try and there is no way to describe the relief that she has gotten from it.  They are like taking "horse pills" but well worth it.

It may not give you any relief, but it's worth the try.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

MM is that an OTC med? My knees having been giving me issues with doing that flight of stairs in the shop 20 times a day. Maybe it might help?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Old Greenhorn, it's been available for years in the supplements isle. Works for some, and others not. Can't hurt to try. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bruno of NH

I have tried and take most everything I can.
Fish oil works the best.
I haven't tried cbd oil yet only because I don't know a good kind to get.

Skip

FWIW cbd has a really helped me .

Iwawoodwork

As MM stated about what his wife takes and got relief, I have also been taking the same and it works for me, (get it at Costco) without it both thumb joints are like having an ice pick shoved in. also took away much of my shoulder and knee pains. I really noticed how well it works for me when I had to quit taking for 10 days for my colonostomy.

realzed

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 08, 2020, 05:01:17 AM
Old Greenhorn, it's been available for years in the supplements isle. Works for some, and others not. Can't hurt to try. :)
If you have allergies be careful of which type you get - some have shellfish mixed in the formulation and another different version does not..
It is usually marked quite clearly but you do have to make an effort to read closely especially if any allergy issues might be shellfish related ones - which is fairly common

Ianab

Quote from: realzed on December 09, 2020, 12:19:27 AMIf you have allergies be careful of which type you get - some have shellfish mixed in the formulation and another different version does not.

Something in green lipped mussels is supposed to be good for joint issues, which is why it's often added to the "joint supplement" OTC medications.  That's fine, it's a natural seafood extract, unless you have a shellfish allergy.  So yes, look for that on the label if you do, and try a different one. 

It also suggests something in the mussels is causing a reaction of some sort in your body. Just depends if that's a good or bad reaction in YOUR body. Something that produces NO reaction (good or bad) is called a placebo. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Bruno of NH

Made it up the basement stairs today.
The first time in 3 years.
It was tough but felt good mentally. 

beav

Good job Bruno!
Hold that thought!!

Walnut Beast

Awesome. New milestone 👍

Bruno of NH

Went up the basement stair again hurt like heck but felt good to do it again.

Thank You Sponsors!