iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer LT 35 seat!!

Started by Durf700, July 18, 2020, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durf700

Hi guys!  just thought I would post pics of the seat I mounted on my LT 35.  It works great.  I called Woodmizer and they verified that the newer LT 35's have a larger motor for the power feed and can handle the seat.  I welded up a piece of angle iron and used a pin to secure the seat to the bottom of the bracket close to where you would latch into an LT 40.

used it for 5 hours yesterday and it worked like a dream. 

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

fishpharmer

Looks great! I am yet to install the seat on my lt40super but I don't have time to use it, yet.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

RichTired

Where's the cup holder...    pepsi_smiley

Looks good!
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Durf700

I will definately be installing a big cup holder..  hell I might hook up a cooler to the side of it to keep my drinks cold this time of year!  I will work on that the next rainy day I get!  the seat gives you great visibility.  the only thing I really had to lean over for was to check the log clamp to make sure I was gonna clear it when getting low on the cant.

I actually was able to reach over and use the hydraulics and spin the logs without getting off the mill several times and flip th cants just using 1 hand.  I'm sure with some practice I can get alot better at that as well.

so for anyone thinking of using they're seat that haven't done so yet.. you should give it a run.  probably the biggest advantage is not having to walk around the axel and just chilling some.  I definitely don't mind walking with the mill at all.. but its a nice change up if you want to ride for a day or whatever.

Magicman

What??  Ride instead of walking!!  :o  What is this sawing world coming to?  I guess that next someone will invent hydraulics to load and turn logs!!  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

goose63

Quote from: Magicman on July 19, 2020, 05:30:00 PM
What??  Ride instead of walking!!  :o  What is this sawing world coming to?  I guess that next someone will invent hydraulics to load and turn logs!!  ::)
Lynn you should talk ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Magicman on July 19, 2020, 05:30:00 PM
What??  Ride instead of walking!!  :o  What is this sawing world coming to?  I guess that next someone will invent hydraulics to load and turn logs!!  ::)
Says the man who rides a seat AND has an umbrella! :D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Durf700

Heck.. I might mount a cooler to the side so my drinks stay cold!

Peter Drouin

I find not only can you see better But, If something is amiss or needs moving I can just ride down and fix it. My legs feel better at the end of the day.
And when you figure it out what you can do you will be cutting a lot faster.
My mill is bolted down to the floor so I have more legroom too. I lowered the seat some so I just step off the seat now.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Durf700

Nice!  it does seam like you can mill faster..  thats what my helper thought when we finished up.  alot of it for me was I can come back at full speed and not bump the reverse while walking back.  that adds up on a full day in time savings.

Bruno of NH

Peter,
Is that a new (modified) seat set up ?
It looks good.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Durf700,
Super job on your seat.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Stephen1

I'm a little jealous. Might have to be my next upgrade. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

will49766

Great post.  My dad gave me his seat for his old 1990's LT40HD.  It fits the rail on my 2018 LT40HD mill but WoodMizer has painted the inboard part of the rail where the upper inboard bearing meets the rail peeling the paint.  I need to find a way to clean that up without it peeling more of it off.  There is no attachment point on the head for this old seat though.   Durf and Peter, can you please show a better picture of where and how you attached your seat to the head?  Durf, you have a couple good pics but I can't quite make out the head attachment point how that works.  Mine may be different.  The pin mechanism doesn't have a corresponding hole in the mill rail to pin it from moving as well...  I am a little hesitant to drill a new hole at this point.  
Will Houghmaster

Durf700

Quote from: will49766 on July 22, 2020, 09:11:09 AM
Great post.  My dad gave me his seat for his old 1990's LT40HD.  It fits the rail on my 2018 LT40HD mill but WoodMizer has painted the inboard part of the rail where the upper inboard bearing meets the rail peeling the paint.  I need to find a way to clean that up without it peeling more of it off.  There is no attachment point on the head for this old seat though.   Durf and Peter, can you please show a better picture of where and how you attached your seat to the head?  Durf, you have a couple good pics but I can't quite make out the head attachment point how that works.  Mine may be different.  The pin mechanism doesn't have a corresponding hole in the mill rail to pin it from moving as well...  I am a little hesitant to drill a new hole at this point.  
hope these pics help you.  drilling the hole is easy.. just be careful  not to drill into any hydraulics for your locking pin.

will49766

Thank you!  I'll have to take a better look at my mill and see if this will work.  Looks like your upper rail paint pealed as well.  I guess that's not really a big deal.  Ill go ahead and drill the hole carefully once I am able to attach the seat successfully.  Once we get into our new place I will have a little time to mess with my mill.

Thanks again!

Will
Will Houghmaster

Durf700

no problem. let me know if I can help with anything else.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!