iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sure feels good to be able to sneeze

Started by WV Sawmiller, August 10, 2020, 01:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Yesterday was the first time in several months I found I could actually sneeze without excruciating pain. Boy did that feel good. You take these things for granted till you can't do it. Maybe that is a sign I may live after all. :D

Ever since I flipped my ATV a couple of months ago and protected the defenseless ground underneath using my ribs and sternum ::) it has been very painful to cough or hiccup and a sneeze was painful beyond belief - in fact they would always be aborted about half way through the process. I guess it is the same muscles or such that hurt so bad when you have serious chest cold or such. I am sure our expert medical members can explain why this happens. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nebraska

Congratulations on the sneeze, glad you are healing well. ..Now go get yourself tested....  ;)

Well you said you sneezed... 

Neighbor down the road had bypass surgery a few years ago, I know coughing was quite an adventure for him for several weeks.

alan gage

Congratulations!

I know the feeling from when I had my bad back and then surgery (access through the abdomen). There was a full year when a sneeze was one of my most feared things in life. I did everything I could to stop it before it started (and got really good at it) but if I couldn't stop it I'd need to assume the position, which was:  back slightly arched, holding onto something with my hands, and then, when the sneeze hit, allowing my body to recoil and absorb the impact rather than being rigid. Even then an very high amount of pain was involved.

It's really nice to be able to enjoy a good sneeze now and again.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

samandothers

Ahhh the small things in life that make us happy!

Ed_K

Sunday I was setting radio stations in the new to me dodge pickup I was bent over towards console and all of a sudden I got a feeling like a bee had bite me stinging,burning and itching. By supper my right side was in so much pain I couldn't breath. It's still real bad but lots of my pain meds are knocking it down. Starts at my shoulder an goes to my hip on both sides of my body. Pulled muscle? Thought cracked rib but that don't hurt this bad. I got a virtual app with the doc. on the 17th, guess she don't think it to bad. I had this happen once before when I had a branch hit me on same side I can't even hic-up. Don't eat any butter for a while.
Ed K

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Ed_K on August 11, 2020, 08:50:08 AM
Sunday I was setting radio stations in the new to me dodge pickup I was bent over towards console and all of a sudden I got a feeling like a bee had bite me stinging,burning and itching. By supper my right side was in so much pain I couldn't breath. It's still real bad but lots of my pain meds are knocking it down. Starts at my shoulder an goes to my hip on both sides of my body. Pulled muscle? Thought cracked rib but that don't hurt this bad. I got a virtual app with the doc. on the 17th, guess she don't think it to bad. I had this happen once before when I had a branch hit me on same side I can't even hic-up. Don't eat any butter for a while.
Ed, it sounds like you need a good chiropractor to fix some old issues. You are like I was nearly 2 years ago, found the 'right guy' and things got good pretty fast. He has fixed the remnants of injuries from 30 years back. Amazing stuff. I still have issues once in a while, but because he has me in good shape, they are much less frequent and I am generally back to work in just a couple of days now, whereas it used to take weeks. Pain meds are not the answer, just a band-aid with side effects. Take care of yourself.
Tom
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

@Ed_K ,

Sorry for your misfortune. I truly feel for you. If you wake up with your wife tickling your nose with a feather you know she is really mad at you!

BTW - next time stick to C&W radio stations and leave this Rap and BeBop alone. Your body has warned you. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

alan gage

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on August 11, 2020, 11:09:48 AM

BTW - next time stick to C&W radio stations and leave this Rap and BeBop alone. Your body has warned you. :D
How can you even tell the difference anymore?
Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

Old saw fixer

Quote from: alan gage on August 11, 2020, 12:02:17 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on August 11, 2020, 11:09:48 AM

How can you even tell the difference anymore?
Alan
I just listen to the older music, 40's, 50's and some 60's. 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Ed_K

@WV Sawmiller .I have one station that plays rock all the rest are C&W an talk radio ( T Hartman)  ;D. My kids ruined me on the rap yrs ago  :D. Besides isn't rap taking c&w over >:( where's Willy & Waylone or Jim Reeves  ;).
Ed K

petefrom bearswamp

Glad you are better WV.
Been there done that.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

farmfromkansas

Had to sneeze a couple days ago, thought I was going to rip out my stitches.  But my wound is glued shut. Coughing is prohibited, but seem to have picked up a bit of a cold at the hospital. Seem to get a tiny bit better daily.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!