iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yesterday

Started by Jeff, September 12, 2020, 08:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Yesterday i am sure you noticed a lack of something.  Corespace, the network on which the 2 servers it takes to run the Forestry Forum, had issues all day long. The good thing is it was not our physical problem with our servers, the bad thing is, it was not our problem, so there nothing I could do. It was like being stuck in a traffic jam on the highway with no exit. The forum, and a few thousand other websites were down. I've had no explanation, odds are I won't get one.

That being said, The Forestry Forum maintains a facebook page that is used exclusively to alert our members if we have connection problems. You don't need to do facebook to check it for forum status if you cannot get on. I do appreciate the private contacts I get letting me know the forum may be down, but do realize that that can become overwhelming when everyone wants to help get us back up.  It is actually pretty rare for the forum to be down for any length of time.

The address to check is simple.
https://facebook.com/forestryforum

Or search google for facebook forestry forum.

Click on the posts tab. If you do not see an update there, it could be I do not know and a heads up is appreciated. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

I figured something was amiss .

Banjo picker

When I could go to other sites, I thought the same.  Didn't figure you needed my input.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Al_Smith

Typical internet .Every so often flea bay would go on the blink and that would really make them snort .Google would falter and Bing would work .

mike_belben

I just figured it was God telling me to get back to work.  ;D
Praise The Lord

WV Sawmiller

Jeff,

Thanks for the info and sorry for the concern, wailing and gnashing of teeth I am sure this caused.

(I thought I was just banished to the woodshed and was trying to remember what I had said to get there. :D)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

:D  That's what I figured too. I'll be a good boy now, I promise. Glad to see we are up and running, I missed my fix.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mudfarmer

Glad for what you do for us, @Jeff !

In my not cutting wood time am a Linux sysadmin... thankless work  :D Lots of webservers, awful stuff. Hope that some day we can unchain from the keyboards of oppression but if there is ever anything I can do to help please reach out. Obviously nothing I can do about host being down but doesn't hurt to offer. Even if you had a high availability setup with vms on different providers, some backbone somewhere would go down. Everyone just take Mike's lead if the internet breaks and get back to work  8)

Keep on keeping on brother 

Skip

Thought the same thing, glad we are up and running .

thecfarm

I bookmarked it.
I don't do facebook, but was able to see what went on.
Thanks for doing that. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

The poop and the scoop...

Southside

Well, as General Beringer said about the WOPR, "Why don't you just unplug the DanG thing?" :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ljohnsaw

Well, the notification doc is a little confusing.  They plan to work Saturday night, 9/21 to Sunday morning 9/22 when, according to my calendar, the 21st/22nd is Monday/Tuesday!  So.... ::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

They sent out a revised one yesterday with corrected dates. Saturday night sunday morning.

Thank You Sponsors!