iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade saw mill#2

Started by Vautour, December 07, 2020, 06:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

Looking good. Do you like this one better than mill #1?

JoshNZ

Missing a zero from your band tension psi? Cool if they're working well that's a whole lot cheaper than steel mill wheels

Vautour

Crusarius... actually mill #1 is only half way on completion and the back burner for a while and debating if i want to widen it up to mill up to 6' wide!!..,... a zero has been added,. gonna check my gauge when the sun is up haha.
the Gospel is WANTED by the people in 52 Countries but made illegal by their Government

RAYAR

So you had to build mill #2 to get to sawing before mill #1 gets into service ... LOL. Well, at least you're sawing.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

Vautour

RAYAR... yeah something like that :D...had a 14'' on the big end by 10' long log and the chain roller turned it no problem... had some slippage on the blade .. more fine tuning needed.
the Gospel is WANTED by the people in 52 Countries but made illegal by their Government

RAYAR

Quote from: Vautour on May 11, 2022, 08:39:41 PM
RAYAR... yeah something like that :D...had a 14'' on the big end by 10' long log and the chain roller turned it no problem... had some slippage on the blade .. more fine tuning needed.
You can expect to have to do some fine tuning on a custom build. I guess we call that 'working the bugs out, to have it perform like envisioned.
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

Thank You Sponsors!