iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help With LT40 Head - Up/Down

Started by Warren, February 06, 2021, 03:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Good afternoon.   Starting to saw a little bit after being away from it for several years.  Started with a couple nice oak logs for a nephew this morning.  Three cuts from finishing the second log and the head of the mill would not go "Down" when I press down on the lever.

Details:
> WM LT40 Super - 1992
> Accuset2 setworks
> Head goes UP without issue when lever is raised.
> Will not go down when lever is pressed down.
> Pulled the face off the control panel. 
> Shorted the red wire to the yellow wires that should connect when switch is down.  No response.
> Pulled face off Accuset 2.
> L5 lights red when power is on.  Slowly goes off when power is off.
> L6 lights green when up/down lever is up.  Head goes up as well.
> L6 lights red when up/down is pressed down.  Head does not move. Would seem to indicate that the up/down drum switch is working properly. 
> If I connect a 12 volt DC source to the up/down motor terminals, I can make the head go both up and down by swapping polarity.

I did have to pull a mouse nest out of the control box, and a birds nest out of the enclosure that houses the up/down gearbox, drive belt, and clutch.   "Seems like" the issue might be somewhere between the set works and the up/down drive motor.   Solenoid maybe?   However, I am not familiar enough to know what to look for, or, where to look. 

Worse comes to worse, I will call Indy after work on Monday.   Wondering if someone here might be able to point me toward something else to check to narrow the gap when I get the support folks on the call.

Appreciate any helpful comments / suggestions.  Not a make or break situation.  Just another "normal" day on the mill ... :)

Take care !

Warren
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Thank You Sponsors!