The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects survey  (Read 5271 times)

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
Re: Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects survey
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 02:02:09 PM »
not sure how it is there, but here there would be a post mortem exam with an explanation.  keep us in the loop if you find out more.  we should not assume it was from the shot, but I am sure it is being looked into.  with millions getting vaccinated, what are the odds someone could die just after the shot?  low but with that many given, it could be coincidental and unrelated.  or it could be from the shot combined with an unknown underlying condition.  or an unknown side effect of the vaccine.  even if it causes death at one in a million, it is safer than the disease.  it will be good to know the true cause.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline Paul_H

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »
12 hours later he's room temperature.
My friend John was in here this morning and his friends in Vancouver, husband and wife both got their shots together two weeks ago and she had a stroke and is fighting for her life. Again could be coincidence.

Covid and it's cure both seem to be hard on those with underlying conditions,hopefully they can screen those at risk .
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Offline firefighter ontheside

• Senior Member x2
  • I like trees.
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »
We just had one of our vendors here today doing some decals on one of our firetrucks.  He is also a fulltime firefighter at a different department.  In February he had Covid and spent a long time in the hospital.  He still has not returned back to work as a firefighter.  He has 50% diminished lung capacity as a side affect from covid.  Did he survive?  Yes.  Has he recovered?  No.  He may never.  He was a healthy, non smoker man about 40 I'd say.  He had no known comorbidities.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025 and MS291
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010

Offline Paul_H

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 06:04:48 PM »
The old saying six of one half dozen of another comes to mind

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2021, 02:01:00 PM »
Any of us that have been around for a bunch of years and that's most of us should be able to remember seemingly healthy people that died for what seemed like no reason. I'm talking before covid you'd hear of heart attacks, annurisms, etc killing someone in their 20s, 30s, 40s that was slim, athletic, non smoker/drinker and peoples nature is to "blame" it on something they did, well now those deaths are blamed on either covid or the vaccine when it was just going to happen anyway. That's my opinion and if you are looking for an excuse to do or not to do the vaccine it's easy either way.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.

Offline B.C.C. Lapp

• Sharpening the saw.
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2021, 04:32:04 PM »
 Something along the lines of taking antibiotics, take it all untill it is finnished .
Funny thing Stephen, my wife recently needed an antibiotic.  The pharmacist told her to take it until she felt better then one more day and stop.   That sounded strange to us so she calls her doc's office and the nurse said that now they have reversed that and say the reason antibiotics don't work as well as they once did is because we DID all continue them until done and all this time and all these years they told us to make sure and finish them. Now they say that was wrong.   
I don't know what to think, I'm a logger not a medical professional. Who knows?
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Offline Paul_H

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2021, 06:10:03 PM »
I'm talking before covid you'd hear of heart attacks, annurisms, etc killing someone in their 20s, 30s, 40s that was slim, athletic, non smoker/drinker and peoples nature is to "blame" it on something they did, well now those deaths are blamed on either covid or the vaccine when it was just going to happen anyway. That's my opinion and if you are looking for an excuse to do or not to do the vaccine it's easy either way.
That's the way I see it too, covid deaths and vaccine deaths or injury should both be reported without bias. To say they were going to die anyway on one can be applied to the other. Whether it's the flu, covid, a experimental vaccine , nature or a freak accident that takes us we need to continue living. 

Offline Sailor Mars

• Share Post
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2021, 03:27:12 PM »
Got two pfizer shots and had minimal side effects, mainly just a sore arm from the shot which wore off the next day, and minor fatigue which was remedied by lots of power naps  :D Im young and healthy so Ive never been super worried about getting COVID myself. That being said, I am around a lot of immunocompromised people and older folk, especially in this field, and thought it would be in my best interest to lessen the risk and the spread as much as I can besides following public guidelines 

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2021, 03:39:35 PM »
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sailor Mars!

Where abouts, NY is pretty big!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF 1989, Retired School Bus Driver 2012, now semi-retired Mobile Sawyer, 2018 Silverado 4X4
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 Kohler - Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and single-tooth setter, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain a Wood-Mizer

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »
My daughter Monique, 22 y/o, healthy, just got the Moderna at Walmart.  My wife is working and said they had some to use up.  We got to leave a little early.  I sure would not have my daughter do it if I thought is was unsafe.

timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline Sailor Mars

• Share Post
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2021, 06:18:16 PM »
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sailor Mars!

Thank you!
I'm from Brooklyn (NYC), but currently at school up in Wanakena for Forest Technology (graduating this week, super excited). I'm headed back to Syracuse for a degree in Natural Resources Management and to cruise timber this summer. I'm pretty sure I've driven by Russell a couple times!

Online Texas Ranger

• Forester
  • Texan, by God and by choice.
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2021, 06:50:45 PM »
Got two pfizer shots and had minimal side effects, mainly just a sore arm from the shot which wore off the next day, and minor fatigue which was remedied by lots of power naps  :D Im young and healthy so Ive never been super worried about getting COVID myself. That being said, I am around a lot of immunocompromised people and older folk, especially in this field, and thought it would be in my best interest to lessen the risk and the spread as much as I can besides following public guidelines
thinking about other people is an honorable trait, and welcome to the forum.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2021, 08:44:39 PM »
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Sailor Mars!

Thank you!
I'm from Brooklyn (NYC), but currently at school up in Wanakena for Forest Technology (graduating this week, super excited). I'm headed back to Syracuse for a degree in Natural Resources Management and to cruise timber this summer. I'm pretty sure I've driven by Russell a couple times!
Russell is about 15 miles south of Canton and about 130 miles North of Syracuse.
As you likely know, Canton is a 2-college town, SUNY & St Lawrence University!
Over the many years, I've been by Wanakena quite a few times!
Good luck in your ventures!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF 1989, Retired School Bus Driver 2012, now semi-retired Mobile Sawyer, 2018 Silverado 4X4
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 Kohler - Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and single-tooth setter, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain a Wood-Mizer

Offline firefighter ontheside

• Senior Member x2
  • I like trees.
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2021, 10:16:23 PM »
My almost 14 year old should have his first shot by end of next week I hope.  Even if its available to him this week, we will hold off due to his upcoming soccer tourney next weekend.  Don't want him with side effects while playing.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025 and MS291
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010

Offline Peter Drouin

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • A&P Saw mill LLC
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2021, 07:01:24 AM »
4 weeks and the arm is still sore. ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Offline ellmoe

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2021, 07:54:58 AM »
 I had the Moderna vaccine and had very sore arm after each shot. After the second , just very mild symptoms . My wife and 30 year old son both had the same shots. They both had sore arms after first shot but suffered from chill and fever for a day plus after the second shots. After that  , no problems.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Offline PoginyHill

• Gentleman logger
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2021, 08:39:07 AM »
Got the JNJ 6 weeks ago. Nothin' - not even a sore arm. But a bad poke, hematoma around the injection. Must have hit a vessel. Wondering if I got a placebo. Giving blood next week. We'll see if I have antibodies.
Kubota M7060, Cat E70B, Case 310, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 391

Online doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2021, 08:50:46 AM »
my daughter got Moderna a week or so ago and has had no symptoms.

Offline B.C.C. Lapp

• Sharpening the saw.
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »
I'm holding off till they come out and tell us how often people are going to have to get booster shots.  I've read six months, Ive read four months.   They aint saying yet.

My Doc told has told me to wait till mid Oct. to get my flu shot every year so that it is still working through Mar. when flu season pretty much ends.   Get it to early and its not working in Mar.

I'm figuring the covid shots will be similar. But since there is no covid season it may mean two covid shots every year.  Or three.

Think people will will be willing to keep that up?  
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Offline Ricker

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »
Got my second Moderna shot Sunday, no ill effects, arm just a little tight yesterday morning gone by noon.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
WM LT300 Tapered Lumber side to side

Started by MIsawyer on Sawmills and Milling

4 Replies
Last post March 30, 2016, 03:06:45 AM
by JustinW_NZ
xx
Timber frame side to side movement

Started by bannerd on Timber Framing/Log construction

3 Replies
Last post September 21, 2021, 07:25:04 PM
by bannerd