iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wall of stress...

Started by Daburner87, August 17, 2021, 06:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daburner87

I came close to having a heart attack a few years back.  Life just wasn't going good.  Work in particular was ruining my life.  It consumed too many hours a day, leaving me with little to no time.  And on my day off I'd be shopping, doing laundry, and getting ready for the next work week.  Looking back it's bizarre I didn't just quit because I wasn't making great money anyway, but I did see a future with the company.  

Now a few years later I thought everything was going great, I just got my mill, just had a daughter, and boom.  All of a sudden that stress and tension in my chest.  I woke up last night struggling to catch my breath.  Thankfully I had today off to relax.  Too much stuff to do, too little time, too little money, baby keeping me up losing sleep, work still sucks, but not as bad as it used to be and I find myself struggling mentally doing a job I know I don't want to do.  I do it for the benefits, retirement, etc...   I don't make good money, but don't want to let my family down especially in these times.   My body isn't in great shape either.  12 car accidents, a motorcycle accident, couple broken bones, knee surgeries.  A lot for being only 34 years old with retirement 20+ years away.  Just don't know if I'll make it.

HM130Max Woodlander XL

Dan_Shade

Newborns are tough, but they're worth it. You're daughter will be walking and talking soon and you'll wonder where time went.

I've been told to not forget to take care of myself when things are tough, I've found that to be good advice.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

samandothers

If the job is that bad, try another. Not worth your health.  Go to a head hunter or to other businesses.  Could be there is something available with so many looking for folks.  

You will 0 support for the family dead or unable to work. 

WV Sawmiller

Two good rules for stress management:

1. Don't sweat the small things.
2. Remember they are all small things.

I hope you find a happy median here. Spend more time doing what you enjoy and what you like to do rather than worrying about what you think others want you to do.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

firefighter ontheside

I've been there, as have many others.  Keep your chin up and tell yourself that things will get better.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

barbender

Try to find something else to do for work. I know that is often easier said than done, but right now it is an employee's market. 
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

Unload your debts, those are the chains that bind us to miserable jobs.  Strip life down to the simple stuff and really reevaluate whats truly necessary vs what has just become the american standard of living.    

I left a job that paid well enough to keep every miserable person there for life, and ive never regretted that for one second. Not one. 
Praise The Lord

thecfarm

Take care of yourself.
No one else will
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Andries

So, burner, ask yourself this . .  how can you do a good job of providing for your family if you don't take care of yourself? 
Get your symptoms checked out with a clinic or a doctor. 
You've put some considerable wear and tear on your body. Learning how to stretch and keep the joints and muscles working is super important.
You've got some great advice above - we've all been there. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Tacotodd

Listen to these guys BECAUSE they are exactly correct. My job that I had from 94-03 almost killed me in its later years. That's when they put me in management and every since then when someone asked me to be in management I told them my story & thanks but no thanks. I NEVER WANT THAT RESPONSIBILITY AGAIN! Glad to be done with it. That's also when my Crohns REALLY flared up and they had to  do surgery & I was in recovery for 3 weeks IN the hospital. And no, I'm not joking. Surgery was in March 04. I'm lucky to be alive. Yeah, no joke.
Trying harder everyday.

Crusarius

I am in same place right now. trying to figure out what I can do to supplement the wifes income while I stay home and handle the kids and the house work. I have 10 years at the company I am at now and it has been miserable for the last 5.

I just need to find something I can do to make enough money to supplement wifes pay and be home for the kids when they need me (bus times and stuff).

barbender

I'm at a point now where I could walk away from my job tomorrow, and be alright. Firewood and sawmill business, not to mention my wife working, would provide for our needs. But I enjoy the job I have, and so much more so knowing that I don't NEED it! It's taken a long time to get to this point, and I've certainly made missteps along the way that made it take longer. Have a plan, don't stretch yourself too thin so you get stuck somewhere you don't want to be. Enjoy every day for itself. You have to figure out a way to manage stress or it will destroy you, it will make it impossible to make wise decisions. 
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!