iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free At Home Covid Tests

Started by 21incher, January 20, 2022, 07:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

I ordered mine on line and haven't heard a word since  :(.
Ed K

Texas Ranger

Received two packets of two in the mail.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

hacknchop

They are free here now we got them through the school I did not want to bother with them, but Household Management (Rhonda) told me to go get them so i did and the following week we needed them go figure.We can now pick them up at any drug store or grocery store free of charge.
Often wrong never indoubt

Magicman

Our five (5) kits came in the mail today, and hopefully they will never be used.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodroe

Put in the order Jan 18, nothing yet, must be coming via mule train through snow, sleet and freezing rain.
If thats the case should be here by May.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on February 17, 2022, 05:48:39 PMOur five (5) kits came in the mail today,
???
When I ordered mine (through the post office web site), there was a limit of 2 kits (of 2 tests each) per mailing address, regardless of the number of people that live there.  There are three living here but we all got C19 over Christmas so its sort of a moot point now.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Magicman

Yes the site said a total of 4 kits but the single box that we got contained 5 kits. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Magicman on February 17, 2022, 06:39:01 PMcontained 5 kits
So you got a total of 10 tests (2 per box)?  Have the two of you managed to dodge getting C19 so far?
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

chet

Northern Wi. and da U.P. musta been in da same bunch 'cause we got ours yesterday too. Everything we ever get seems to come through Oshkosh, even if mailed from lower Michigan.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

LeeB

Email says mine was delivered yesterday but I haven't gone up to check the mail in a couple of days. Suffering a flair up of gout and not walking any more than I have to.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 17, 2022, 09:26:03 PMSo you got a total of 10 tests (2 per box)?
Nope, we got a single box containing 5 kits. 

We have had several of our children/grandchildren to have it, some twice and we have been close to them but not "spit swapping" close.  No one has worn mask at any of our family events.  Some are vaccinated, some not, that's their choice.  We go to church, WalMart, grocery, & hardware store and have been mask free for at least 6 months, probably longer. 

Ljohnsaw

OK, got it.  I guess I'm hung up on semantics and maybe I'm making assumptions.  I thought a "box" contained 2 "tests" and that was referred to as a "kit".  I make that assumption because it says to take the second "test" a few days later to confirm (+ or -)  But what you are inferring (there I go again, assuming...) that a "kit" is the sealed packet (of which there are two in my "box") of the fluid, swab and pregnancy stick.

Glad to hear you've remained symptom free despite the environment you find yourself in.
John Sawicky

Hotrod RLC

got ours in the mail today  ..wife  ordered .. not gonna use unless sick .. i think covid signs are painted with a wide brush 

chet

Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 18, 2022, 05:54:28 PM
 that a "kit" is the sealed packet (of which there are two in my "box") of the fluid, swab and pregnancy stick.

Some one can have my kit. 'cause I know DanG well I ain't pregnant!   :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Wlmedley

Got mine a couple weeks ago.Got to feeling bad last Friday.Head stopped up bad and slight fever.Took test Saturday and it showed negative.Guess it worked was ok in two or three days. :laugh:
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

Ed_K

I received an E-Mail from the USPS this morning stating that ours will be delivered on the 26th.
Ed K

21incher

Still haven't gotten ours. I read an article that in NY zip codes that have a lower percentage of white people get theirs first so we will probably be last in line.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

21incher

We received ours today. Was surprised they are marked made in China and on the list of kits that contain dangerous chemicals. Be sure to follow  the instructions exactly on these kits because  some use a chemical  similar to cyanide that can be dangerous if you don't.  Apparently some users have dipped the swab in the developer before swabbing their nose and gotten poisoned by not understanding the directions.  
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

I found ours laying on the bar. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Ours came yesterday. I didn't read the box, just put them on the shelf for if/when they may be needed. Thanks again for posting this. It's the only place a I saw mention of it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

JJ

yesterday I receive a tracking#, arrived today.
Made in China for iHealth Labs, Sunnyvale CA.

Storage temp on the package is 36-86F :P, they delivered it to outside mailbox when it was 16 to 25F ::), was out there all day.   Wonder if it is still viable if the little pouch of liquid froze?

JJ

kantuckid

Quote from: peakbagger on January 21, 2022, 05:38:54 PM
I ordered mine early. The press has mentioned that there are or were glitches with apartments sharing the same address.

Our state, NH, sent out free kits but they require a webcam and internet connection to monitor the test and then it needs to be sent in. The US government tests are rapid antigen tests, results in 30 minutes. Not sure which is ultimately more accurate but if I sick at home I want results sooner than later.
We got some free covid test kits via our KY teacher retirement provided United Healthcare Supplemental Medicare plan last year. Given the fact that they took a long time for results we tossed them as quite useless in reality. If we'd been made aware to begin with, we'd not ordered them. 
As of now, we don't have a home kit. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Claybraker

I got my free 4 tests about 2 weeks ago, still sitting on the shelf where I put them. Just got an email from Medicare telling me I can order 4 more. I had already noted the use by 2022-07-22 date. Are these like milk that goes bad pretty quick after expiration, or C Rations that have an expiration date?

Thank You Sponsors!