iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing project 2022

Started by customsawyer, February 18, 2022, 07:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I finally got the sun, moon and the stars all lined up to host the sawing project again. It will be held on April 8th and 9th 2022. Address is

1607 Capps Browning Rd.
Rentz, GA. 31075

I will ask that this doesn't get shared on Facebook until we see how many folks are coming from here. I'm afraid that if it got shared there that there might not be enough room for the rest of us.
I don't have anything in particular planned to saw so hit me with some suggestions and we will see where it goes from there. I now have all of my equipment at the home mill so we can look at the extended mill, Lucas slabber, remote mill, slabmizer, skidsteers, telehandler, backhoe, articulated loader, kiln, couple of planers, resaw, jointer, blade sharpening equipment, logs and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting.
We will spend most of Friday going around and discussing most of the equipment and then a sawing demo yet to be determined on Saturday morning. Keep in mind that one of the ways that pays for this project is the selling of the lumber that is produced and donations by them that are attending. There is normally a gathering Friday evening around a little bonfire with some hamburgers and hotdogs and then a lunch on Saturday. Saturday evening around another little bonfire munching on leftovers so I don't have to eat them all.
Those that live close enough are welcome to bring a covered dish or dessert for the lunch on Saturday. We just like to keep a head count and a list going of what is being brought so we don't have 10 of the same thing. You guys that are single and can't cook can bring drinks, plates, plastic ware or some other such thing.

I will furnish the chicken for Saturday and Tammy and I make 2  attending.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Sixacresand

Nancy and I make 7, maybe just on Saturday 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

K-Guy

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

I hope to make this one, this year. Makes 11.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WV Sawmiller

Jake,

Thanks for the offer but my schedule won't work for that time. Maybe next year will work better for us. You guys have a great time and safe travels to all who can come.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

caveman

Jake, I appreciate you hosting.  It is always at the top of the list of things that I want to do.  I will plan on attending, which will make 12.  I'll have to see if John can break away for a couple of days.
Caveman

boardmaker

Was happy when I saw this topic.
Kristin and I will be 13 and 14.

stanwelch

Awesome news Jake !!
Fearless Leader Jeff and I coming from Michigan— 16
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WDH

I will be there if all goes well.  That makes 17.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scsmith42

If Laureen is in town that weekend I may be able to escape the farm.  Put me down for a tentative 18.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

fishpharmer

I will be a tentative 19. 

I appreciate you taking on such giant task, your events are always the highlight of my year.   Only thing that would keep me away is a need to help my elderly parents.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

customsawyer

I was reading through this just a grinning. When I got to the bottom I saw the one about 2020. Sure was a lot of laughs in there before Covid hit. Lets make this as fun as that one.
For those that haven't been here before there is lots of hotels at the intersection of HWY 441 and Interstate 16 Dublin, GA. which is 6 miles from my place.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

chet

If I can git some stuff shuffled on da calendar, I'll be at Stan's driveway with my thumb out.  ;D     Tentative 20 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

TroyC

stanwelch

Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Magicman

PatD and I plan to be #22 & 23.  move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trimguy

My wife and I will make 25. This is going to be fun.

Crossroads

I would love to have been able to attend, however, I have already planned a trip to Alaska in September to hunt moose and I just can't do both. Have fun and someone put away a couple chicken wings for me 😁
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

scsmith42

Quote from: scsmith42 on February 18, 2022, 06:06:42 PM
If Laureen is in town that weekend I may be able to escape the farm.  Put me down for a tentative 18.
Well, unfortunately Laureen is already scheduled to be doing volunteer veterinary work on a Zuni Indian reservation in New Mexico that weekend, so I'm down for the count.  

That takes us back to 25.

Y'all enjoy!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Sixacresand

For the Saturday lunch list, Nancy said she would fix a peach cobbler.  If something else is needed, we can stop and pick it up on the way.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

GAB

Quote from: scsmith42 on February 19, 2022, 08:20:49 AM
Quote from: scsmith42 on February 18, 2022, 06:06:42 PM
If Laureen is in town that weekend I may be able to escape the farm.  Put me down for a tentative 18.
Well, unfortunately Laureen is already scheduled to be doing volunteer veterinary work on a Zuni Indian reservation in New Mexico that weekend, so I'm down for the count.
Y'all enjoy!
Scott:
Now, you make sure you take good care of WHAT BURRO.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!