iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colonoscopy postponed

Started by Jim_Rogers, May 12, 2022, 11:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

I took the cologuard test, and it came back inconclusive. So, my doctor wanted me to have a colonoscopy test done.
I knew how this worked as my brother had one many years ago, and I had to drive him there and back.
I met with the doctor, and he told me all about it.
As part of the procedure, you have to have a covid test within 7 days of the procedure.
I went last Friday and had the test.
Yesterday, they called me and said I was positive for covid.

I don't have any symptoms at all.

I'm staying home anyhow. 

My wife went to CVS and got a home test for covid.

I took it this morning, and it came in negative.

I'm still staying home and not going to a family event on Saturday. Even though all of the family that will be there was here with me at my house this past Sunday, Mother's Day.

We, my wife and I, feel that the first test was a false positive.

I ordered some more free test kits online.

I have been vaccinated and have received the booster shot as well. But again no symptoms.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Don P

Sorry to hear that. I'm gonna be on TV in about a week, no covid pre test.

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Don P on May 12, 2022, 06:33:17 PM
Post a link when you can.
Jim Rogers

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on May 12, 2022, 07:02:22 PM
Quote from: Don P on May 12, 2022, 06:33:17 PM
Post a link when you can.
Jim Rogers
Um, I don't think it's that type of TV show...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Don P

;D Sorry Jim, I was remarking on the room full of large screen TV's when they roll you in.

doc henderson

any hospital that takes federal funding (Medicare... so all of them) still feel they have to follow CDC guidelines.  so we still have to wear  mask at our hospital, but the clinic stopped.  the rules are open to interpretation, but the only one that matters is the government opinion.  we had not been wearing a mask in the Dr. bubble (glass enclosed area, people 6 feet apart and facing away from each other) for the past year and a half.   some admin nurse decided it was a patient care area since there is no door and patient could walk in.  they only come in by invitation so I can show them an x-ray as an example.  i already have covid mask dermatitis on my face.  I just told them no!  I consider this a non-patient care area.  we put on a mask when face to face with patients.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

Jim even if positive, if you are asymptomatic, you are not as contagious.  You may have had a false positive for whatever reason.  we have had a few we thought were false +. but when we rechecked with the same test, they all still tested +.  so, it is not a faulty test, but so sensitive, that it picks up something and reads +, and continues to do so for a time.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

Doc:
Thanks for your advice.

Jim Rogers

Jim_Rogers

No driving today, as I had my test this morning.
They said they took on pollup out. We'll have to see what the test results later on.

Got to the hospital at 7am was out by 8:30am.

Jim Rogers

doctorb

Unless a colonoscopy is needed on an urgent basis, I strongly suggest that people schedule their procedure first thing in the morning.  If that appointment isn't available, then I delay the test a few weeks until a slot opens up.  You don't want to be sitting around all day for a 3:30 pm scope!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jim_Rogers

I was first, but I didn't get to pick the time slot.

Jim Rogers

Jeff

Quote from: Don P on May 12, 2022, 08:33:59 PM
;D Sorry Jim, I was remarking on the room full of large screen TV's when they roll you in.
Post a link!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

I got pics even I didn't want to see  :D. 
Got about 2 meals in me once it settled back down and had a tooth extracted yesterday. If I can keep it off till a niece's wedding in July I'll fit anything but my HS bellbottom disco suit ... that would take 15 more.

Thank You Sponsors!