iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tell me

Started by Peter Drouin, May 15, 2022, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Tell me this is not as bad as it looks.  ::)

Lull down,
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Crossroads

Oh snap! That doesn't look good. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Den-Den

On the positive side:  That can be repaired for less than the cost of a new machine (assuming parts are available).
You may think that you can or may think you can't; either way, you are right.

Percy

THat appears to be a planetary gear reduction on some sort of big machine.  THe oil loss is not good and alignment of all the gears could be cattywampus....Id fix before running it.... MY diagnosis of this could be off....ima little hung over this morning ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

customsawyer

What did you hit?
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

barbender

All I can do is confirm that yes, it looks really bad👎👎
Too many irons in the fire

newoodguy78

That's gonna cut into the hot rod fund a bit. 
Gotta hate when that happens. 

Resonator

Driving without oil in it, not good. Won't know full extent of damage until axle is disassembled.
Start part searching for good used axles.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Southside

You can try Webb Equipment in Fredericksburg, VA. They have a good supply of Lull parts
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Peter Drouin

I'm calling them in the morning, I have got parts from before.

Nice  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Makes a man want to look at the other side now.
I got the lull from Hill view in Mass. Don't buy anything from them.
They LIE a lot.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Man, that really looks sad.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scsmith42

That's actually worse than it looked....    >:(
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

moodnacreek

240b

if there was no oil in the compartment id take the hub off an look at the spindle an bearing.   an flush the diff too     TJ dealer once sent me a skidder with no oil in rear end it was expensive (for them)

moodnacreek

The axel may be reusable the way it is. If all the repairs are outboard I think it's just money if you can get the parts.

newoodguy78

Did a gear come off and go around to break the outside case like that? To me it seems like an odd place/way for it to break from an outside hit. 

Peter Drouin

I move some lumber set it down, backed up and heard a bang. It was full of oil before it broke. I think it was going before. Just no warning.
I will pull the other side tomorrow and look.
I have so much wood to cut, I do not need this now.
At least I have my heath and the $$$ to fix it.
Just not the time. :D :D
I will call in help at 125.00 an hr.  :D :D :D ::) ::)
I need more hot rod time. ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

customsawyer

I have learned a long time ago that it is cheaper for me to keep sawing and pay the mechanic to do what he does. It isn't that I don't have the skills to do the mechanic work. It's that I'm more valuable making sawdust. The mechanic can get it done quicker and cheaper. It is also one of the reasons I have multiple pieces of rolling stock. I have even rented a piece before while the other is getting fixed.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bruno of NH

Quote from: customsawyer on May 16, 2022, 05:34:29 AM
I have learned a long time ago that it is cheaper for me to keep sawing and pay the mechanic to do what he does. It isn't that I don't have the skills to do the mechanic work. It's that I'm more valuable making sawdust. The mechanic can get it done quicker and cheaper. It is also one of the reasons I have multiple pieces of rolling stock. I have even rented a piece before while the other is getting fixed.
I can't wait till I get to that point
Big Bob has been a thorn in my side the last 3 weeks
I'm hoping in a month my banker comes home for the summer I can work something out with him.
I have to use a private source as my medical bills are to much for a regular bank .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

Yes customsawyer that is just what I'm going to do.
I'm not dead in the water, I have the JD with forks
 It won't lift as much. Like last Saturday, I had to cut the banding half unload the wood  to load the customers trailer.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

moodnacreek

On top of that it is stain season.

Peter Drouin

You are not making me feel better, moodnacreek. I have the parts coming 2 weeks out. $ 6,500.00 plus trucking. 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

moodnacreek

I certainly give you credit Peter for having a back up machine and of course taking in all that wood to saw. What could happen will happen, but when? Probably better we don't know when, I'm sure you will agree.                                                           Here is a piece of one of my favorite songs ' That model A body makes it look like a Pup'

customsawyer

It's been several years since I have needed to rent one but the last time I rented a Lull it was like $1500.00 for a month. Might be something to look into while yours is down.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!