iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boonville 2022, who's going? Meetup?

Started by Old Greenhorn, August 13, 2022, 01:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

NY Woodsman Field days are less than a week away. Just wondering who is going? Maybe we can meetup at LogRite or some other spot? I expect to be there all 3 days, but no idea what time we are arriving on Friday. I'm a passenger on this one. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

moosehunter

I'll be there Saturday. Name the time and I'll be at the logRite booth.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Old Greenhorn

Well I guess it should be easy to find each other.  ;D How about we try 2pm on Saturday, unless you'd like to pick another time? I think we are headed up Thursday night after work, unless we can't pull it off, then Friday morning...early.
 Kind of disappointed in the event itself as they have a very minimum updated info on the website. Barely a schedule, no exhibitor list, or maps to show where they are. I hope they have better programs at the gate. Makes it hard to plan. I am still pumped to get there though.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Crusarius

Old Greenhorn

Well I suppose 2pm on Friday is good too. I'll be there until Sunday. Be good to see you again. The show is not publishing much info in advance, I can't even find a list of vendors, which is quite frustrating.

Crusarius

You can meet the wife and kids at the same time. We usually do a family trip up through boonville then continue to indian lake to visit friends for the weekend.

Old Greenhorn

Well, it looks like there are only 3 of us here that will admit to plans of attending. :D I am pretty sure there will be more. SO I will try to be at Logrite at 2pm on Friday and Saturday. We are camping just outside the back gate I am told, but I don't know the lay of the land yet.
 Our target departure is this evening around 5pm, but that ain't likely to happen. ;D Either way, we should arrive tonight which will be better that dealing with the Friday morning 'heading north' traffic going to the 'Daks.
 I will either be walking around in a FF hat or a Woodsman Forest Products hat, and/or shirt. If you see me, say 'hi'.

moosehunter

Ifin I remember it I will have my FF hat on. 
My bride is really looking forward to this road trip. I am also but I should be sawing!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jeff

So is it still a logging forestry show or a meet your favorite social media celebrity event? Who are the Morgans? I see that advertised, but not much else.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

The publicity has been very poor this year. They only put up the vendor maps overnight last night. The only ads you are seeing are the vendors themselves doing their own thing so far as I can tell. The program is still no available online, just pieces. Called in for my tickets this morning and when I hung up I realized that I got neither the weekend pass discount, nor the Senior discount. Sloppy work.
 Reading between the lines, I think it is the same show, with COVID market constraints and effects. I plan to have a good time, no matter what. It's a business expense and beats the heck out of the IMTS show in Chicago I would go to every other year. 4 days of walking and meetings with well over 250,000 people and 15 linear miles of aisles to cover on 5 different show floors. Now I can do it the way I want. :)

red

Mike and Melissa Morgan are from YouTube Outdoors with the Morgan's 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Old Greenhorn

Common practice for vendors to hire celeb's to hang in their booth to draw in people. Happens at IMTS all the time and they would bring in guys like Orange County Choppers and some other current TV shows of the day. Never really interested me much.

logriteofficial

Logrite will be there! Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Originators of aluminum handled logging and woodworking tools - Home - Logrite.com - LogRite Tools LLC
Get Stuff Moving! - Home - Bluecreeper.com - Blue Creeper
We've got legs for your wood! - Home - Rite

Old Greenhorn

Well we are on the road . ETA is about 1045. Be We had some issues with the running lights on the trailer, rotated the truck tires and got the road about 2.5 hours later than planned. No matter, it's all good.

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

Well my sincerest apologies to all as I missed the 2pm meetup today. I got involved in watching the GOL competition. I stopped at logrite on The way out (again) and bought a mill special before they were all gone. Tammy told me there were 3 or folks looking for me, so I feel bad. I will say we did just get one person that said they would be there today, but no matter, it was my fault and I apologize.

Crusarius

I can't believe you stood me up. its like being in high school again....

at least tammy seemed happy to see me.

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, I feel badly about it. Sorry. Did you say least buy a can't hook? I think I completed the full size range today but I have to fact check that when I get home. We don't have all but we do have them from the mill special up to 72".

firefighter ontheside

I was waiting for you in Boonville MO.  You didn't show up there either.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Well, I guess I suck I two states at once. Some would call that a skill. ;D

Jeff

Id like to tell you he ended up here, but nope! He weren't here either. >:( ;) :)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Crusarius

I am good with the 60 for now. Would have been nice to have another hookaroon though. My hookaroon lives in my truck as a grabbing bar.

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: Jeff on August 18, 2022, 12:00:59 PM
So is it still a logging forestry show or a meet your favorite social media celebrity event? Who are the Morgans? I see that advertised, but not much else.
I noticed the Morgan's are advertised to be at the Paul Bunyan show in October also. Not familiar with who they are either.

Brent

Old Greenhorn

Sorry MM, my bad that's the 78" I was referring to  (extreme).

Thank You Sponsors!