iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trailblazer Max2 offset mower

Started by Aggieforester, January 14, 2023, 09:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggieforester

Howdy. I'm finally back home in WA state and back in the woods after working in DC the last 3 years. Just picked up a Trailblazer (TB, they got bought out by Titan/Ironcraft) Max2 mower, figured I'd share my impressions with you. It has a 44" mowing head, can mow straight ahead on a tractor front end loader/FEL, offset to the right as a horizontal mower, or offset to the right to mow vertically. OEM recommendation is at least 3000 lb tractor. Got it from Thorpe Machinery, Boring, OR; great folks. It did pretty well with the TB hydraulic power kit to drive it (mower is direct drive hydraulic) via my tractor PTO, I mowed both sides of my 1/2 mile logging road in western WA this week. It's wet here, so I kept my Kioti CK3510 HST 4wd tractor on gravel and out of the mud. Overall: cuts grass and 1" brush on first pass, cuts up to 3" saplings slowly via multiple "bites;" I did get some vibration after hitting rocks, wet areas, and logs that were hiding in the grass along my road, had to tighten some fittings and bolts after that (blades got a few chips, still cut ok); my 4000 lb tractor with FEL and loaded tires did bounce around some with the weight of the mower off to the side and I'll be very careful when raising the FEL to cut vertically. Scotch broom is a local invasive, one of my goals is to get rid of it as it's killing my Doug fir and alder seedlings.

. I'll go back during the dry season to cut limbs hanging over the road but this gave me more room to drive my truck and not get slapped by limbs. 

thecfarm

While you taking pictures how about a front one.
Looks good!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Aggieforester

These guys took good video, I haven't taken any front photos yet and have put the mower aside and stored it (waiting for dry weather and next project is to put on wheel spacers to improve stability). https://youtu.be/xkKdKEwbUvg  

thecfarm

Thank you. I see how it's set up now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!