iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A few pics of my progress

Started by Ronnie, March 23, 2012, 03:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie

My new TK2000 with set works. I picked this up in the fall of 2011.

First customer brought the biggest log the mill could handle. A pin oak! Quite a challenge for a beginner! 

One morning before work on the farm.
TK2000, JD5075, Stihl 660,270,170.

eastberkshirecustoms

Very nice mill, nice log, nice shed. What else can I say?.... except nice border collie (my favorite dog).

Chuck White

Looks like a pretty nice setup Ronnie, congratulations!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Norm

Magicman

Now you don't have to wonder what a larger log would feel like.   ;D

What is on the outside of that old log doesn't matter, it's what is on the inside.  Kinda like opening a surprise package.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Misfit

Ronnie - I'm green with envy. I've been drooling over the TK2000 for the past year. The time isn't right yet to purchase, but I'm counting the months!
I am neither a Philopolemic Blatherskite nor a Bloviating, Sialoquent Blatteroon.

"Say nuthin and saw wood."

customdave

Yep nothin like a pic of a shiney new mill, congrats & enjoy!! 8)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

colinofthewoods

Congrats on the mill !  That is the mill I wish I had !

Good luck with everything, it looks like you will soon become addicted to big logs like a bunch of us are.

Peter Drouin

Nice mill you have there, good luck with your sawing :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

First time you used the mill? That is quite the mill. I like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I think that the sawmill is smiling also.  They make a nice couple.   smiley_divide
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawman

Congrats on the mill. let the sawdust fly. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

bugdust

Norm summed it up ...SWEET! Any photos of the end results? Young man with a new mill is the beginning of a great relationship.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

dblair

that's a great looking shed to go with that new mill , congratulations
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

John_Haylow

Congratulations, very nice.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Ga Mtn Man

Very nice setup Ronnie.  Mine's parked in the woods covered with tarps :'(.  The "road" to its ultimate home is currently blocked by several large wind-fallen red oaks...and my chainsaw crapped out on me.  >:(
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Banjo picker

Good show there Ronnie...Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

customsawyer

As they say go big or stay home. We know which way you went. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

dgdrls

Well done Ronnie,   congratulations ;)

DGDdrls

Thank You Sponsors!