iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

almost ready to try it out.

Started by archangel_cpj, May 13, 2012, 10:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archangel_cpj

Well after nearly 7 months I am almost done setting up my old farquhar mill unfortunately the 6-71 detroit it came with was trashed it came out of an old M10 tank destroyer and was from 1945 the money is not right to fix it so Ill try to get the Amish or someone to take it...  I am going to keep the mill belt powered but am going to run it off of my Allis chalmers 7040 it has 160 plus HP plenty of power so Im stealing the pulley of the jimmy and converting it to be ran off PTO...  The 7040 has a brand new engine in it so it will run the mill fine...  the mill came with a 52 in blade looks good no pittint etc Im definately going to have to replace some teeth once set up .  Heres a question who does the forum reccommend I get bits shanks and the install tool from.  Im over in Ohio.   

tyb525

Try Menominee Saw, their link is on the left side of the page. They are a forum sponsor.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

archangel_cpj

just emailed them...  thx  Im excited about this old mill and am anxious to try it but a bit nervous too as Im sure Ive missed something and will have to to quite a bit of tweaking etc etc

Jeff

Never rely on email. These companies get busy and email can get lost, go to junk mail get totally blocked for any number of reasons and then you think they didn't get back with you, when they never knew you needed them. Pick up the phone and call and let them know what you need and who sent you.  :)  ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bandmiller2

CPJ,is yours a rt or left hand mill be aware a tractor PTO turns the wrong way to directly hook up to a rt hand mill.What works well is a jackshaft under the mill with tractor on the backside of the mill out of the way. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

archangel_cpj

yep thats wht Im running it off of a belt powered by pto them all I need to do is give the ole belt a twist !!!!  HOPEFULLY!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!