The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Colonoscopy  (Read 30945 times)

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
    • Share Post
Re: Colonoscopy
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2021, 09:03:21 AM »
To quote Captain Kirk, "to go where not man has gone before".
Solo never said that. :D
The First 60 some years of childhood is always the hardest.

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2021, 05:12:02 PM »
I was at the hospital this morning at my appointed time of 6:30, only to find out that my Doctor/Surgeon was involved with a serious emergency that would take several hours.  I was given the option of either rescheduling or waiting.  Well that option was not an option, after cleaning out I was not gonna reschedule.  Anyway, I waited and was wheeled in at 12:30.  Bottom line, clean bill of health and I can wait 5 years for my next "procedure". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2021, 06:15:24 PM »
Lynn,

Sounds like a real pain in the ... (well, never mind). ::) Anyway glad to hear about the great report. If you're gonna spend all that time riding that magic carpet seat you have to make sure your setter is working right. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Online kantuckid

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #323 on: January 20, 2021, 07:09:36 AM »
I was at the hospital this morning at my appointed time of 6:30, only to find out that my Doctor/Surgeon was involved with a serious emergency that would take several hours.  I was given the option of either rescheduling or waiting.  Well that option was not an option, after cleaning out I was not gonna reschedule.  Anyway, I waited and was wheeled in at 12:30.  Bottom line, clean bill of health and I can wait 5 years for my next "procedure".
Magic-Glad that came out OK! Nothing like a shiny colony after all it's been through, orshould I say-"been through it"? :D
Since we are the same age and thus my question (if it's not something personal-if so just avoid my asking?) as to why you'd get another scope in 5 years? I got one in August, 2020 based on a a done at home stool test kit result done as part of my annual wellness checkup. Though I'd personally noticed zero change in bowels, the nurse said the test is very sensitive to occult blood so the same doc who'd done all but my first colon scope did another when I'd been told I was aged out on further scopes based on age. It was a precautionary one and I was given the same clean bill of colon health as before-I've never had a polyp trimmed as yet. 
Mine-I might of well have waited as did you as they were backed way up due to covid stopping many commonly done procedures. In that same mention-I got to my oral surgery appointment 6 months later due to covid. I would conjure a guess that a few folks might have died due to these wait and see things or personal fear of going out where the virus lurks as has affected more than we will ever know among the worry wart crowd. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Online kantuckid

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #324 on: January 20, 2021, 07:24:16 AM »
Lynn,

Sounds like a real pain in the ... (well, never mind). ::) Anyway glad to hear about the great report. If you're gonna spend all that time riding that magic carpet seat you have to make sure your setter is working right. :D
Talking "pain in the ass"-has anyone else had the hemorrhoid electrical treatments prior to invasive surgery? The doc chooses a variously sized black rod which is hooked up to an electric gizmo and the idea is to shrink the bad guy via electrical shock. Yes, this is factual and not a fun thing which my doc tried several times. "Now, bend over... ;D . 
Same doc retired this past year as he's my age and from the rural county just east of me, Morgan CO., and a true hillbilly doctor. Here's a classic career counseling tale he shared. Knowing I was a Vo-Tech school counselor at that time in late 1980's when I was seeing him (culminating in the surgery in 1990) he told me his story about his choosing a medical career. His HS counselor was gathering a group of kids to take them on a yellow bus, medical careers tour as it were. Her criteria for who could go was to have a "B" or better HS grade average or in her theory you were not medical career material. Michael B. had a "B-" grade average and asked to sign up after hearing they were going but was told he wasn't up to becoming a doctor. Same doc told my buddy, Bill K., the electrical instructor and my age,  that if there was such a thing as a "butt doctor", well he guessed he was one".  ;D He also did general surgeries. 
BTW, my nephew is a mid-40's aged surgeon now and had a not so un-similar, B+ grade average at another E KY HS he attended with our oldest son. 

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
    • Share Post
« Reply #325 on: January 20, 2021, 08:32:25 AM »
Due to the amount of findings this past test I'm back on the once a year schedule.
Something else to look forward to every year.
The First 60 some years of childhood is always the hardest.

Offline Tacotodd

• Senior Member x2
  • To learn and help
    • Share Post
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2021, 08:38:47 AM »
There’s nothing like “through a screen door and NEVER touch a wire”🧐
Trying harder everyday.

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2021, 08:54:10 AM »
why you'd get another scope in 5 years? ..........I've never had a polyp trimmed as yet.
That is the difference.  I have had many polyps removed (yearly) and a family history of such.  At one time I was on a yearly schedule but thankfully not now.  This is my second time to have a 5 year interval.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline gspren

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2021, 09:28:15 AM »
I was on a 3 year interval after having a polyp removed plus my mother had colon cancer but now back to 5 years.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, JD 2355 4X4 w/fel, JD 620, Yamaha Kodiak 400 & trailer, Kubota 400 RTV,  P&M OWB, 75 acres to play.

Online kantuckid

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #329 on: January 20, 2021, 09:53:19 AM »
I was on a 3 year interval after having a polyp removed plus my mother had colon cancer but now back to 5 years.
My Mom had part of her colon removed due to cancer and she lived several more happy years, then died in hospice of Pancreatic cancer.
The difference in some part between us is that she smoked from WWII to a few years before she died as did my Dad, while I never smoked. She was a very active person and had a very healthy lifestyle, other than tobacco.  Maybe a lot of things, huh, as we never really know what all adds up?

When I get the typical Q&A thing on family medical history they are asking me about a Dad who had both Scarlet Fever & Rheumatic fever as a child plus after being a pro ballplayer came the war and he smoked his entire life, during WWII and afterwards.  They also Q&A about my grandparents who are from the Victorian Age when medical treatments were so far different from now that it's not even funny. I get the genetics aspect but otherwise much has changed since the 1880's. 

Online nativewolf

• Senior Member x2
  • Forester
    • Share Post
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2021, 06:15:52 AM »
I am back on track for my yearly testing.  Our genetic issue means half the brothers (me included) are going to get a variety of cancers but colon cancer is top of the list.  We annual checkups even our crazy colon risk is manageable.  So thrilled to get back on track next week with a pre procedure call.  Hopefully get it scheduled for April.
Liking Walnut

Offline firefighter ontheside

• Senior Member x2
  • I like trees.
    • Share Post
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2021, 08:15:41 AM »
Well, I"m drinking black coffee this morning.  Clear liquids all day and start drinking the stuff at 2pm.  My procedure is at 7am tomorrow.  It takes an hour to get to the hospital.  I have to arrive an hour early.  I have to get up 2 hours before we leave for hospital to drink the magnesium citrate.  The math tells me I have to get up at 3am.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025 and MS291
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010

Offline DbltreeBelgians

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2021, 07:36:25 PM »
You got this Bill. Wishing you great results tomorrow.
I hates Mag Citrate. I did that stuff with a loop Ileostomy. Filled that thing up while I was sleeping and never knew it until it was too late. smiley_furious3 Not fun!!

Brent

Offline Tacotodd

• Senior Member x2
  • To learn and help
    • Share Post
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2021, 10:26:50 PM »
Guys, that’s like my problem, I’ve got to go NOW if not SOONER!
Trying harder everyday.

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2021, 02:29:11 AM »
best wishes for good results and a relatively comfortable procedure, Bill.  Best Regards, Doc.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter