The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Colonoscopy  (Read 31242 times)

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
    • Share Post
Re: Colonoscopy
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2020, 08:24:51 AM »
I'm up for mine. My old Doc retired so I get a new one. Went in to see him Friday but had to speak with his assistant. I guess he was playing golf.
Anyway I always have a upper and lower done at the same time. No more, they do them separate now so I have to get knocked out twice, find a driver twice and take twice as much time off work.
Blamed it on the rona..
Everything gets blamed on the rona.
The First 60 some years of childhood is always the hardest.

Offline RichTired

• Share Post
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2020, 10:30:03 AM »
I think I would find a different doctor.  One that would do both procedures at the same time. Insurance should back you up on that as they don't like to pay twice for what could be done during one procedure.
And don't think bad about the doctor not being in his office on Fridays. He might be sawing logs on his sawmill... :D
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Offline Real1shepherd

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2020, 11:44:21 AM »
After 60, let your doc advise how often. In my case the last one I had(actually, my first) they cut out two polyps.

So in my case they said come back in three yrs(about now) and if they had found nothing, about every five yrs. 

Kevin

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2020, 12:01:10 PM »
I would ask your new doc if you can get them at the same visit, often a new doc may not realize how their front desk is scheduling.  believe or not.
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Offline Raider Bill

• Senior Member x2
  • Who will pull the wagon when everyone rides?
    • Share Post
« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2020, 03:32:52 PM »
I called the endoscopy center where they do them. Same place as I've always gone. They said that's the way they do them now for everyone.
Will also have to get 2 more rona tests.
The First 60 some years of childhood is always the hardest.

Offline Texas Ranger

• Forester
  • Texan, by God and by choice.
    • Share Post
« Reply #305 on: November 14, 2020, 03:53:54 PM »
Do you know the most popular drink of 2020?

The colonoscopy prep.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Offline Tacotodd

• Senior Member x2
  • To learn and help
    • Share Post
« Reply #306 on: November 16, 2020, 04:06:39 PM »
TR, that would NOT be funny, if it were not probably TRUE!
Trying harder everyday.

Online firefighter ontheside

• Senior Member x2
  • I like trees.
    • Share Post
« Reply #307 on: November 26, 2020, 02:24:54 PM »
I think my next one is next year sometime.  I already have an appointment set up with doc for 2 year follow up.  It was supposed to be an in person appt. that was scheduled over a year ago.  They called me last week and said that they are changing all appts. even out to May to virtual.  I guess he really won't need to look at anything, will he?  I guess we will talk about scheduling the colonoscopy later in the year.  I had one polyp at the previous one.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025 and MS291
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2020, 04:44:33 PM »
I guess you will be a little surprised when you get a ups delivery with a long tube, and they tell you to plug the other end into a USB port, and "log on"!   :D :D :D   :o :o :o    :) :) :)
timberking B 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor 12 volt tarp motor

Online firefighter ontheside

• Senior Member x2
  • I like trees.
    • Share Post
« Reply #309 on: November 26, 2020, 04:57:41 PM »
Oh man!  I hope not.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025 and MS291
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010

Offline Tacotodd

• Senior Member x2
  • To learn and help
    • Share Post
« Reply #310 on: November 26, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »
Doc H, that was some kind of classic! And just plan hilarious.

Now, if it were only REALLY that easy, then my GI would have me doing one every month! I do have Chron’s.
Trying harder everyday.

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #311 on: November 26, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »
well they do have the little cameras you swallow like a pill, and download the video.

Offline Texas Ranger

• Forester
    • Share Post
« Reply #312 on: November 26, 2020, 09:34:21 PM »
well they do have the little cameras you swallow like a pill, and download the video.
collecting the pill is  bit of a sticky wicket.

Offline Tacotodd

• Senior Member x2
  • To learn and help
    • Share Post
« Reply #313 on: November 27, 2020, 01:10:46 AM »
TR, MOST of time, I can exhaust through a door screen and never touch a wire. That is why I dropped 100lb in 2yr before I went to a GI. Then I was diagnosed with the Chron’s. In 2004 they had do a bowel resection that took the union area of my large and small intestine. 1’ of small and 6” large. THEN I almost died from an infection that wasn’t caught in my 1 week recovery. They sent me home on a Friday afternoon and was feeling terrible all weekend so my family got me back to the hospital Monday morning and THEN they kept me an additional 2 weeks!

The reason for the resection was the amount of scar tissue my Chron’s caused a blockage of some sort. I never got a total answer satisfactory. But I didn’t care! Reason being of not caring: 2yr of ever increasing pain from internal spasms of sorts, GI said was from my innerds’ still trying to pass exhaust as a normal person would but try do so on an ever increasingly smaller “pipe”. They finally admitted me for the surgery due to constant (think automotive) backfire like a potato shoved tightly into the exhaust pipe! OH GOSH!!! The stuff I regurgitated! And the smell that was stuck in my nasal cavity, well I’m sure you can tell from my description what it was that came through on the backfires!

YES! 

And I’m LUCKY to be alive and have survived! 

They patched up my abdomen with 33 staples and still have a noticeable scar. For SEVERAL years it looked like a zipper. I could clearly look and see it. 

I returned to work after something like 6wk light duty but I increasingly felt more capable. I started carrying 5gal buckets of hydraulic fluid because I felt better and better. I was tickled to go almost full force! My full force was deadlifting a totally stripped small block Chevy. Not on a regular basis, but still to the amazement of my colleagues! I loved making them look at me slack jawed because they had never seen anyone do such a thing!

My outlook on life somehow changed! I didn’t even notice at first, but the people around me did. I came to realize “we are ALL just temporary”!

And my life continues one day at a time and even got married the first time on 5-15-15. Easy date to remember. I was in NAPA surroundings and sold many a automotive oil filter that are Wix. THE most popular part #, 51515 for over 50% of Ford automotive 1985 and earlier! She picked the date and who was I to not agree🤐. I didn’t tell her until after the day why I would never forget our anniversary! Aahhh, good times! And now you know MY story.
Trying harder everyday.

Offline Walnut Beast

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #314 on: November 27, 2020, 02:03:46 AM »
Glad your doing great 👍

Offline Tacotodd

• Senior Member x2
  • To learn and help
    • Share Post
« Reply #315 on: November 27, 2020, 07:18:27 AM »
Constant state of outhouse-trots, so hard to tell the difference from some of the earlier symptoms of Covid-19, but hey, THE PAIN IS GONE. I just have the unnerving feeling that I’ll be like this to the end. At my “largest” point in life 290lbs in 1993ish, March 2004 (no question) after surgery still in hospital 155lb. I’m 6’0”. One of my 2 sisters said then “Todd, your caboose looks inverted”! I might have been 290 but I played football nose guard and their wasn’t much that got by me! Now having fun using my 2 Husky 372’s and Echo CS550P! The worst part is the M.S. I have. Another story story on that (another time). BTW, this is according to my Echo dealer: CS=chain saw, 550=55cc+a 0 to look better, P=professional. I can only comment that it makes some sense. Oh, and the constant bathroom breaks, they really do a number to deer hunting. I carry T.P. in the field but I can’t carry an entire roll on the bad days!
Trying harder everyday.

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2021, 08:18:38 AM »
I have an appointment with a "Submarine Captain Ben Dover" tomorrow. :-X  I'll be downloading ballast today and be ready for the "up periscope" early tomorrow morning.  :o  Me thinks that today will be crappy.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2021, 08:31:00 AM »
Good luck Lynn!

I had mine done just this past Friday, nothing found but empty space!         

Doc said, "see you again in about four years"!      8)             :)
~Chuck~
Retired USAF 1989, Retired School Bus Driver 2012, now semi-retired Mobile Sawyer, 2018 Silverado 4X4
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 Kohler - Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and single-tooth setter, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain a Wood-Mizer

Offline breederman

• Senior Member x2
  • getting by the best way I know how
    • Share Post
« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2021, 08:37:40 AM »
Jackie has hers next week. I'm just a spectator .😁 I've got a couple years before my next one.
Together we got this !

Offline Texas Ranger

• Forester
    • Share Post
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2021, 09:01:21 AM »
To quote Captain Kirk, "to go where not man has gone before".

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter