iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Colonoscopy

Started by Magicman, July 24, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Due to the amount of findings this past test I'm back on the once a year schedule.
Something else to look forward to every year.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tacotodd

There's nothing like "through a screen door and NEVER touch a wire"🧐
Trying harder everyday.

Magicman

Quote from: kantuckid on January 20, 2021, 07:09:36 AMwhy you'd get another scope in 5 years? ..........I've never had a polyp trimmed as yet.
That is the difference.  I have had many polyps removed (yearly) and a family history of such.  At one time I was on a yearly schedule but thankfully not now.  This is my second time to have a 5 year interval.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

I was on a 3 year interval after having a polyp removed plus my mother had colon cancer but now back to 5 years.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

kantuckid

Quote from: gspren on January 20, 2021, 09:28:15 AM
I was on a 3 year interval after having a polyp removed plus my mother had colon cancer but now back to 5 years.
My Mom had part of her colon removed due to cancer and she lived several more happy years, then died in hospice of Pancreatic cancer.
The difference in some part between us is that she smoked from WWII to a few years before she died as did my Dad, while I never smoked. She was a very active person and had a very healthy lifestyle, other than tobacco.  Maybe a lot of things, huh, as we never really know what all adds up?

When I get the typical Q&A thing on family medical history they are asking me about a Dad who had both Scarlet Fever & Rheumatic fever as a child plus after being a pro ballplayer came the war and he smoked his entire life, during WWII and afterwards.  They also Q&A about my grandparents who are from the Victorian Age when medical treatments were so far different from now that it's not even funny. I get the genetics aspect but otherwise much has changed since the 1880's. 

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

nativewolf

I am back on track for my yearly testing.  Our genetic issue means half the brothers (me included) are going to get a variety of cancers but colon cancer is top of the list.  We annual checkups even our crazy colon risk is manageable.  So thrilled to get back on track next week with a pre procedure call.  Hopefully get it scheduled for April.
Liking Walnut

firefighter ontheside

Well, I"m drinking black coffee this morning.  Clear liquids all day and start drinking the stuff at 2pm.  My procedure is at 7am tomorrow.  It takes an hour to get to the hospital.  I have to arrive an hour early.  I have to get up 2 hours before we leave for hospital to drink the magnesium citrate.  The math tells me I have to get up at 3am.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DbltreeBelgians

You got this Bill. Wishing you great results tomorrow.
I hates Mag Citrate. I did that stuff with a loop Ileostomy. Filled that thing up while I was sleeping and never knew it until it was too late. smiley_furious3 Not fun!!

Brent

Tacotodd

Guys, that's like my problem, I've got to go NOW if not SOONER!
Trying harder everyday.

doc henderson

best wishes for good results and a relatively comfortable procedure, Bill.  Best Regards, Doc.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!