iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

20 years

Started by moosehunter, April 25, 2024, 01:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

I have been a member of the finest forum on the interwebs 20 years as of today!
ffcool ffcool
Hope I make it another 20.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

customsawyer

I still can't believe they let me in either. Must have been having some kind of special the day they let me in. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

NewYankeeSawmill

LOL! Congrats to both of you, and thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge, wit, wisdom, and expertise!
Norwood LUMBERPRO HD36V2

cutterboy

Hey mh, I had to go check. It's been 20 years for me too since this past February. I'd like to have those 20 years back to do all over again.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Andries

An echo of NewYankee's comments, thank you to the 20+ crowd.
I am curious about cutterboys comment, saying that he would like to do it over again. 
If it's not too nosy a question, what's the biggest thing that you would change?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

cutterboy

Andries, that is a very big question! First of all when I said I'd like to have those years back to do it all again I meant that I've enjoyed myself on this forum so much I'd like to do it all again. Not to do it differently but just to do it again.
However, if I could go back and make a change, it would be not to worry about getting older, not to think that in a few years I wouldn't be able to do the things I love (sawing lumber, logging, firewood etc.) and not to think it was foolish to make plans for 5-10 years ahead because I'd be too old to do anything anyway.
A few days ago I turned 76 and when I was 56 I never thought I would be able to do what I do today. I wish I had known.

On a positive note: My wife(75) and I are healthy and active and on Monday we are flying to Italy for three weeks. We plan to eat the food, drink the wine and soak up the sun of southern Italy. :sunny: All of this is being paid for by the lumber and firewood I sell.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Andries

That's a great answer.
Could be along the lines of: "as you get older your health becomes your true wealth".
Have a great vacation in Italy and enjoy all of their history and great food!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!