iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

finally its making sawdust

Started by snowstorm, June 16, 2013, 07:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

seems like it took forever to get that rottne into the shape i wanted. yesterday i got to put it to work for a couple hrs. compared to the valmet much more room in the cab less noise along with an air ride heated seat. was 3 weeks getting the lexan for the windows because i wanted them cut to size. seems they were busy. then the big one came cut wrong. while i was waiting i painted it. the front half is new holland blue the rear silver. replaced almost every hydra hose on the machine. i did run into a snag on makeing the head rotate on the joy stick. rottne used 12volt electric over hydra controls the keto computer is 24 volt. ended up buying hydraulic switches normally open plumb they into the valve that rottne used for the rotator. run 24v to them other wire to the mckc works good. the crane will take some getting used to  going from a telle boom to a parallel. the crane is faster but dosent have the swing power the valmet had. the keto head saws faster than it did. also feeds the tree faster and its much quicker to get up to speed . you have to use the presets now. keto says 17ft per sec feed speed its close to that. the knot backing also works much better. did find a fan blade cracked on the engine fan kinda of odd ya just wouldnt expect those to break 

Ken

Great news.  Good luck with the Rottne.  How about a picture or video? 

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

snowstorm

Quote from: Ken on June 16, 2013, 08:24:30 PM
Great news.  Good luck with the Rottne.  How about a picture or video? 

Cheers
Ken
maybe i can get the kid to do that i know i cant. ken we are coming up your way in a few days. heading for the gaspe. crossing the boarder in houlton friday night or sat. sometime. any tips on what to see in your part of nb

mainiac

What are you cutting? Anything I might be interested in?
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

1270d

Good to hear you re up and running.  What size pump(s) does it run? 

Did you get coated lexan I hope?  It holds up to impact scratches a lot better.

Ken

[/quote]  maybe i can get the kid to do that i know i cant. ken we are coming up your way in a few days. heading for the gaspe. crossing the boarder in houlton friday night or sat. sometime. any tips on what to see in your part of nb
[/quote]

One of my favorite spots in NB is Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy.  It would however put you out of your way a bit if you cross in Houlton.  You could cross in Calais and be closer.  On the western side of the province the Grand Falls Gorge is very nice and there is a zip line there I believe.  Fredericton is a very nice small city to visit although a bit southeast of Houlton.   If you travel towards Fredericton let me know and we could meet up.

Happy travels.  The Gaspe is a very nice spot although my favorite time for there is early October when the leaves are in full color.

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

snowstorm

Quote from: Ken on June 17, 2013, 08:15:44 PM

maybe i can get the kid to do that i know i cant. ken we are coming up your way in a few days. heading for the gaspe. crossing the boarder in houlton friday night or sat. sometime. any tips on what to see in your part of nb
[/quote]

One of my favorite spots in NB is Hopewell Rocks on the Bay of Fundy.  It would however put you out of your way a bit if you cross in Houlton.  You could cross in Calais and be closer.  On the western side of the province the Grand Falls Gorge is very nice and there is a zip line there I believe.  Fredericton is a very nice small city to visit although a bit southeast of Houlton.   If you travel towards Fredericton let me know and we could meet up.

Happy travels.  The Gaspe is a very nice spot although my favorite time for there is early October when the leaves are in full color.

Cheers
Ken
[/quote] i think i still have your # when we get up that way i will give you a call should be saturday

snowstorm

Quote from: 1270d on June 17, 2013, 06:06:43 PM
Good to hear you re up and running.  What size pump(s) does it run? 

Did you get coated lexan I hope?  It holds up to impact scratches a lot better.
its 175hp 85gpm set at 3525psi  it really has some snap to it and the sound it makes its a wild sound. that crane will take some getting used to. it is fast but not a lot of swing power. one popple had a 4"limb had to back up an hit it 3 times on the 3th try i opened the knives that did it.  its lexan with marguard

1270d

Did you have enough pump on the valley to crack up the head?   Sounds like you do now;)

Take it easy and good luck

snowstorm

the only crack i have had was on the linkage that moves the tracks. i see they changed how its made on the new ones. it has held up really well

Thank You Sponsors!