iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

05 dodge

Started by coxy, January 18, 2018, 07:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

1500 5.7 hemi  no heat till you get it up over 3000rpm then will cook a goose anything under that its cold air its got antifreeze in it put in a new thermostat and still cold any ideas  besides it a dodge  :D

sprucebunny

Plugged or kinked heater hose ???

Mouse nest in heater ?

Mouse nest in the heater of an old Bronco caught on fire...toasted truck.
Went to start current plow vehicle one time, look over to passenger side and there is a mouse sitting on top of the heater looking angry  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WV Sawmiller

I had an old Buick with a real high water leak in the radiator. Nearly froze to death going to base in N. Va then went to dealer and he showed me if I put a pint of water in it would cook me. I went ahead and put a bottle of stop leak in and fixed the problem. I'd make sure water/anti-freeze level is to the top.

I have an 09 Dodge had an actuator problem. Made a loud clicking and would not divert heat as directed till got it replaced. Wife has 03 Dodge with current heating problem on one side. Its going to the shop real soon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

JJ

Vacuum leak in defroster/heat control.

bigred1951

I just had to put a thermostat in my 96 chevy truck. Wouldn't get much above 100 on the gauge. You wouldn't freeze but it wouldn't get warm. New thermostat and now nice hot heat and the transmission shifts into overdrive like it should now. Use to when it was cold it would rarely go into od. I guess where it wasn't getting warm enough. All good now.

sandhills

My daughter's '05 Hyundai has the same problem as WV was saying, the actuator for the passenger side is bad and it was only blowing hot air on the drivers side.  I googled it and it turned out to be a pretty simple fix if I ever had it back here to see which one it needs, there's about 5 different choices listed on Amizon and they're half the price of factory.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: JJ on January 18, 2018, 08:50:45 AM
Vacuum leak in defroster/heat control.

This is where I'd look, also. Racing the engine creates more vacuum, and then the controls start working.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

starmac

If that 05, is like the gas ones and I am sure it is, the heater controls to switch from foot to dash or defrost is electric and CHEESY, it is also tied in through the computer, sojust swapping out the plastic controller isn't a shade tree type of deal. But it sounds more like you have a problem with the heater control that controls the amount of flow through the heater core, which I know nothing about, but do know it is a common problem on the dodges. Also those motors just don't like to build heat, up here a lot of guys run a quilted winter front, have a custom quilted blanket built for the hood, and still run the exhaust brake while idling to keep them warm.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Dave Shepard

It's not a Diesel. 1500 Hemi per op.

My '99 Cummins didn't make much heat. One winter I had the radiator completely blocked and it wasn't until it got hot in late May pulling a big load up a long hill that the fan actually came on.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

worked on it most of the day the only thing that hasn't been changed is the water pump that's getting done tomorrow heater hoses will get hot hot when racing the motor but as soon as it comes to an idle for about 30seconds its back to cool water going through the hoses so I'm thinking the ports in the water pump is plugged if that don't fix it its going to the dodge devil it not worthy of dodge heaven   ;D

starmac

I wouldn't completely rule out the thermostat either, even though you put a new one in it.  When I drove my old ford diesel to Alaska I stopped a couple of hundred miles out to take a quick nap. The temp was 30 something below and within a minute or two, you would have thought I had the best air conditioner money could buy, pulled back out on the road and it was nice and toasty within a mile. The thermostat had stuck open and the engine would just not build heat at all at an idle.
I drove a KW one winter with a big cam cummins that was the same way, same cause.

My 99dodge, has never been a very warm rig, you can actually take the fan off during the winter and it still will barely build any heat at an idle, unless you use the exhaust brake.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

dgdrls

smiley_reading_book

2011 Ram owner

D

coxy

Quote from: dgdrls on January 18, 2018, 06:20:25 PM
smiley_reading_book

2011 Ram owner

D
get rid of it while the getting is good  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!