iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need shade!

Started by fishpimp, May 30, 2013, 08:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Hi Fishpimp on your 1# pic the slabs are in the right place but can put out away a little more, and the lumber should go the outher way so the ends pont to the mill. you can see that in reply 16. you make your cuts and leave the head at the end of the mill step off the seat grab the slab and put it at the hich end then push the flinch on the loader arms. when you get to cutting lumber make 3 or 4 cuts stop at the end of the mill step off and grab all the lumber and put in the pile. in reply 11 don;t do that :D you nead room to work a lot of new sawyers do the [ slabs and wood in the way]. I work alone too and my best day cutting 1" lumber was 2800 bf. I can do more with 2"+, it;s all in set up you and the logs .
I do have more, going to work now :D good luck
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

fishpimp

Thanks Pete. Pic 11 is me sawin from home. I saw it and slide it on the loader and then to the trailer. Got it sold.
Mill is too close to slab pile but I done that for good reason... That monster slab pile is gettin toasted this weekend . Figure the less I have to handle them the better .

Red Clay Hound

With the Georgia sun heating up I decided I needed to add an umbrella to my mill.  One of my son's employers had a tractor umbrella they didn't need so they gave it to me - at least the price was right. :)  It is the same kind of umbrella that Magicman has on his mill.  Only problem is that MM has his umbrella mounted to the back of his seat and I don't have a seat on my LT40.  Therefore, my son and I started brainstorming the best way to mount it to the mill.  I thought about just mounting it to the top of the mast but we couldn't make that work with this umbrella so we had to find another solution.  Here's a few pics of what we came up with...

First we drilled and tapped holes in the mast.

Then we fabricated a bracket and bolted it to the mast.  We drilled and tapped four holes, but we found that if we installed bolts in the holes on the left side, they interfered with the movement of the position-sensing magnet on the accuset.  Fortunately, it was plenty strong with just the bolts on the right side.

Finally, we painted the bracket to make it look like it belonged there!  :D  Fortunately, Case orange tractor paint from TSC was almost a perfect match.

Here's the finished project.  Works like a charm! ;)  I like the fact that it's adjustable so you can reposition the umbrella as the sun direction changes.  I sawed all day Saturday in the middle of a pasture under full sun and I stayed cool as a cucumber.  Unfortunately, my off-bearer was not so lucky.  He got overheated and had to quit on me before we finished. whiteflag_smiley
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Magicman

Very nicely and professionally done.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!