iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grade Stamped Lumber

Started by Fred, December 31, 2006, 07:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

I have a friend that lost their home to a fire a couple monts ago and had no insurance.
They want to use pine timber from the farm to rebuild. but need the lumber grade stamped. who would we look for to grade this lumber? we are in Augusta / Fairchild area.    I dont know where to start. 
                                   Thanks Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

Don P

If there are any dimensional lumber, log home, structural item (crossarms, ladders) type of manufacturers in the area the building inspector MAY allow one of their graders to inspect and sign for the load (those guys cannot take the stamp off co property but do know their grades). If not the grading agency check grader that audits those facilities is allowed to stamp offsite, they should be able to give you contact info.

If no one is closeby then contact an agency listed on the ALSC website. TP and NeLMA may have people near, maybe others.

http://www.alsc.org/contacts_untreatedlist_mod.htm

Dan_Shade

I found out an interesting thing in my county is that if you own the land and the house, you can get a notarized statement to give to the county to approve "non-code" situations.  the county you live in may do the same thing.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Lenny_M

Check with yuor state gov.
In N.H. we have the "Native N.H. Lumber Law" Under this law you can grade lumber (softwood)for structial use. If processed and the final use is in N.H. Most small mills here grade their own.
Maybe your state has somthing like this.
                                   Lenny

Fred

Thanks guys I will check it all out. will keep you posted.
                                   Thanks Fred
Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

woodmills1

pretty sure the new hampshire law is unique.  New york has a program but it isn't the same.  Maybe ask your local building inspector if they would honor the new hampshire program.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!