iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Motor Mount probs on Woodmizer

Started by Junior437t, October 02, 2005, 09:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior437t

I was sawing today and the "Clutch/Brake Lever Bushing" worked out of the "Motor mount rubber bushing" on my LT40 mill. I got the proper names from the Woodmizer manual. This has happened a couple times before. I replaced the bushings and mounts less than 250 hours ago. The rubber seemed to be worn out at that time. Anyone else had this happen to their mill? I will try to call Woodmizer tomorrow and see what they say. I can't find anything in the manuals discussing this situation.

Bibbyman

I had this problem with an older LT40 Super with 35hp Wisconsin engine. 

Ask them for the aluminum bushing that they use on mills with heavier engines.  That should fix the problem once and for all. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

MartyParsons

You can install the new bushings on the older mills, you may need to cut 1/8 off the bushing to make it fit. I usually use the sawzall. part # 016380 it is one of those issues that you measure twice and cut once. The older bushings seem to pull apart, if you havent checked the engine mount bushings  do so. It has relation to belt tension, throttle adjustment and blade brake so when you replace the bushings all of these adjustments need to be checked.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!