iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thee Homestead Life & build

Started by Sedgehammer, June 07, 2020, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

i had the same.  they removed a ligament and shaved the shoulder but left the tendon tear and its never really got better.  other one that wasnt operated on is worse.  and man it was painful.  glad the procedure has improved. 
Praise The Lord

Raider Bill

Do nothing with that arm, nothing.
Trust me.
Nothing.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

Kinda odd the ways things are. Get a knee replacement and as soon as you wake up, they want you walking.  :o
Wife had a torn something in the shoulder. Took off the sling to do her exercises and that was it. Was during harvest time. She thought she could hold onto the beans with the fingers and snip with her good arm. She told the therapist what she was doing and she asked the wife what part of do nothing with that arm you don't understand?
Listen to Raider Bill and your Doctor too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sedgehammer

@Raider Bill i know, but it's so hard not to move it some as there's no pain. I am not using it, but have held my phone a few times while looking at it. Not lifting with it. 

@thecfarm yeah, I know, but really trying not to.

Thanks though guys. I need the scolding.... ;D
Necessity is the engine of drive

Raider Bill

It is very easy to use it. I simply moved a skillet across the stove. POP.

NOTHING!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Sedgehammer

@Raider Bill i hear ya and i'm a tryin. so far so good i guess. darn hard not use it though that's for sure. our full time handyman is also on my case about not using it. well, him and my wife want me to do basically nothing. not even with my left hand..... :o

doc henderson

At least you can still wipe with the left hand.  helps build ambidextriousness!  oh an use paper.!   :o :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sedgehammer

Quote from: doc henderson on May 28, 2021, 11:38:46 PM
At least you can still wipe with the left hand.  helps build ambidextriousness!  oh an use paper.!   :o :)
Oh that was a hoot the first time....... :D  and paper..... ???

i use my left hand for more things then most. It is actually my stronger arm even. It was all good so far, except my spelling and penmanship. both hands suck at it...... 8)

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sedgehammer

Beer perfect. Trying for twofer.....  thumbs-up

Walnut Beast

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Walnut Beast on May 31, 2021, 12:26:15 AM
And ice cold ❄️
that was the iced over beer. perfect timing. just before the beer freezes on the inside, it freezes on the outside. that's where i like to drink it       smiley_beertoast

Sedgehammer

Twilight cubscouts campin. No grills, so had to go to tool box to grill our dawgs......

Oh, went to doc yesterday. She was so amazed at my progress, no more sling, slinging it. Nothing heavy for 2 weeks, but as much motion as I can stand. Hurts some when moving certain parts, but not so bad

Sedgehammer

Sunday night @ the movies. Was a nice family time.

Nebraska

I built a frame last year to hold a portable movie screen. I think we're  due a movie night down at the pond.

Sedgehammer

It's been hot, so cooled off in the water w/ a cold one

Sedgehammer

Footins are in. Started running drainage lines

Nebraska

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Sedgehammer

@Nebraska yup. will be done with the waste water today. fresh water and electrical will look ugly by days end, prolly finish it tomorrow unless wife decides i need a day off

@firefighter ontheside thanks

Nebraska

That's a big project  to tie into.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Nebraska on July 31, 2021, 09:06:03 PM
That's a big project  to tie into.
Yeah, is, but since I retired, wife needs to keep me busy with sumptin....  ;D

Sedgehammer

Our pond water temp is an amazing 91°! It's so nice to swim in  8)

Sedgehammer

Here's that 18" post for the wf beam that holds the up stairs floor joists, upstairs. Not sure it's big enough.......

The wood under it is the ceiling/subfloor for same. I just have to;
1. plane it on one side to equal depth
2. table saw it to equal width
3. dado both edges top one side, bottom other to make shiplap out of it
4. Beat the living daylight out of it the rough cut ceiling side 
5. Pickle paint ceiling side

Sedgehammer

Stem walls and the porch are in..... 8)

Thank You Sponsors!