iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Traverse City Ice Princess

Started by Jeff, June 13, 2006, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Well, that's her full name.  We call her Ice, and when Tammy and Stacy ain't listening I call her Icky cause I can't spell. She had the name when she came to us. She was 6 months old on the 8th of June. For just a pup she is really doing well. Catching on quick and has won me over. For some reason she gravitates towards me. She is laying at my feet right now even thought Tammy and Stacy are just in the other room.  She won't never take Sydney's place but she is quickly finding a place of her own. Its amazing how dogs can do that. The other dogs, even Scooter, love her. She really has brought a different life into the house. I can't get a picture of her eyes without getting red eye, and the red eye fix is way different then her eyes actually look. Her name comes from her color and those ice blue eyes.  You just cannot see in the photo how startling blue they are.  

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Wenrich

I'm glad to hear things are going well with the new one. 

I've had 4 dogs.  2 of them gravitated to women, 2 to men.  The 2 that were "women" dogs were raised with women as the primary caregiver.  I know one of the "men" dogs was raised by a man.  I kinda use that as my theory.  I'm sure someone will come along and destroy it, though.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Flash had one brown eye inherited from his mother and one blue eye inherited from his father.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Well Ron, I hate to be the one.... :D

Ice seems to gravitate to me, but so far, men visitors shes's not fond of. The neighbor walked over in the yard yesterday to meet her, and she wouldn't have anything to do with him, Maybe it was because he approached us outside. Time will tell. She's been a sweety with anyone that has come to the front door, but since she has been here they have all been women other then my son, who she is fine with, and my brother in law the Dog Warden, who she was also fine with.

gary

Nailhead

Hey Jeff
Hope to meet the Ice Princess on Thursday
NH
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

UNCLEBUCK

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

Tammy got a more "dignified" picture of Ice.  :)   Didnt have to rework here eyes on this one, but they still dont show all the blue

Tom

You know that cartoon Sam the Sheepdog and Ralph the wolf?   Well Ice has a Sam look on her face.  :D

UNCLEBUCK

punch the time card nailed to the tree and go sit on the hill overlooking the sheep and watch ralph the wolf trying to steal sheep all day ! yep she has the look !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

SwampDonkey

Waaa!!? Who's that with the camera this hour of the night. Yawn!  smiley_sleeping smiley_sleeping

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

What an absolutely beautiful dog!   :)

I'm gonna support Ron's theory that dogs have male or female preference and take it one step further, strictly based on my own observation.  If, when the pups are very young, the primary human caregiver is male, the pups tend to respond better to the male leader of the house. If the caregiver was female the same result.  You can't really test the theory of preference outside what the pup considers his pack (or family).  Dogs will position themselves as near to whom they determine the  "leader" naturally. 
Our puppy, Buckshot is four months old and although he listens much better to me when I give him a command, and he loves me to death, he prefers to take his bones to Cowboy Bob's feet to chew them.   :D  Although our pup had females that did interact with him before he was weaned, the primary caretaker was male. 

Say when

Ron Wenrich

That's pretty much what I was talking about.  With our current dog, he goes right to my daughter, not my wife.  Does that mean she's the dominant female.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

thurlow

We owned Aussies for about 20 years;  great dogs;  you'll love her.  Any livestock around?  They'll  try to herd anything.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Paschale

She looks like a fine addition to the family, Jeff.   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

moosehunter

We used to have a Aussi/Sheperd cross.
That dog would kill any snake, any time, anywhere. Just tear 'em up. Pick um up and shake them so hard you couldn't see dog or snake, just a large blur :D
I miss that dog :'(
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

barbender

we've got an aussie/border collie cross, she's about 8 months old. She's super smart and likes to herd the kids since we don't have any critters.
Too many irons in the fire

Weekend_Sawyer

Those Aussies are smart dogs.  Be careful Jeff, or she will be runnin the forum soon.

Our Aussie was brought home by my brother Chris as a weeks old pup, She was Mom's dog but was always overjoyed to see Chris. Mom named her Sally Ann after a pet pig she had when she was a child. Mom and Dad are gone now and Sally lives next door at Chris's house. She sticks to him like glue. When he tells her he has to go to work she looks down right depressed. She has one tan eye and one pale blue eye. Mamma always loved a fuzzy dog.

Oh yea, you can always tell where Sally has been, dem dogs shed ALOT!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jeff

Sydney was an aussie and he was the worst shedding dog I ever saw. 

I miss ice. :'(  usually this time of night I lay on the floor and throw her toy down the hall. she comes tearing back and sits in the middle of my back and drops the thing on my head. I was thinking about asking Tammy to play here at the hotel, but figured I better not go there. no_no

SwampDonkey

Faron

That is a great looking dog.  8) Aussie shepherds and heelers are super smart and love to play.  My first heeler loved to chase a bucket lid just like a frisbee.  My brother once wondered what would happen if he threw the lid into the pond, thinking the lid would float. ::)  It sank, and Blue dived after it.  He was gone long enough my brother feared he had drowned my dog.  He finally surfaced, lid in mouth, blowing water high in the air.   :o  The pond was off limits after that.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Depends on how your doggy was treated around water. Some people will frighten the dog when he's young by picking him up and tossing him in and he'll stay away from water when your around. But, if he goes in on his own he'll be swimming like a frog. :)

joelmar10

Can she get out on her own?   I'm afraid to start my pup in the pool for fear she'll get confident and then will jump in when we're not around, not able to get out. 
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

Thank You Sponsors!