iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what I sawed today!

Started by MemphisLogger, May 06, 2005, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MemphisLogger

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

DanG

OK, I'll bite.  What are they? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

MemphisLogger

I dunno--never seen 'em before  :P
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Tom

MemphisLogger

They're really smooth and silky yet firm and pointy  :)

MemphisLogger

MemphisLogger

MemphisLogger

beenthere

Looks like peeled aspen to me. But then it could be trick photography. Good pics anyway.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Tom

Hmmmmmmm-m-m 

A big log that is smooth and silky could be Paulownia.

isawlogs

What ever type it is , it must have reall nice boards come out of it ...  8)  Maybe we will be lucky enough to see some ...  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

asy

Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

MemphisLogger

The continued unveiling of the great white log . . .

I've never seen these blue margins on the sapwood either. Copper in the soil maybe?  :P

ohsoloco

I've seen walnut sapwood stained blue like that quite a bit after sawing. 

That kinda looks like walnut now that it's opened up.

MemphisLogger

Hmm . . . white chocolate on the outside rich brown on the inside  :)

But, is it worth it?

:-\

MemphisLogger

Nail comes out nice, no sign of any more, clear face showing, knock the hangons off the teeth with chain file, make another cut and, whooee . . .

Second nail (by Austin's knee)  :-\

Is it still worth it?

MemphisLogger

Pull the nail, file the blade, take yet another cut and  . . .

POW! Third nail  >:(

I dunno if this is worth it  :'(

twoodward15

Heck after that you might as well finish.  It'll only cost a few more blades and you're already into it by a couple.  Sure looks like some nice lumber!!!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

MemphisLogger

Monkey blade is still cutting straight, if not a wee bit rough . . .

Let's file it just one more time and try our luck on the other side of the log . . .

and . . .

BANG! Fourth nail  ::)

Not cutting very straight anymore . . .

That's when the sawing stopped and the lubricating started  ;D :D ;)

MemphisLogger

Swede

That first picture............... ::) is it Your log dog?

I hope she feels fine!

Swede.

;D
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

twoodward15

You aren't even to the wide stuff yet!!  you gonna start gain today or di you way over lube last night??  man that's beautiful. How thick are those slabs???
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Larry

Hardly ever see any of that stuff. ;D

Quote from: UrbanLogger on May 06, 2005, 10:41:41 PM
They're really smooth and silky yet firm and pointy  :)

I do see a lot of blue.

Sometimes I see a lot of other things also. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

MemphisLogger

Quote from: twoodward15 on May 07, 2005, 01:45:57 PM
You aren't even to the wide stuff yet!!  you gonna start gain today or di you way over lube last night??  man that's beautiful. How thick are those slabs???

Our heads are straight about noon . . .

Sawed the rest of the naily walnut with a used monkey blade--no more nails  :)

Started on the next log with a fresh monk . . .

Thank You Sponsors!