iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Knee

Started by Raider Bill, July 21, 2020, 10:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

I've found dat new knees were designed for folks from dem southern climates. They tend ta git a little stiffer come winter in da great white north. I requested "0" weight or synthetic lube for my second knee. But they musta been out of dat stuff, 'cause I think I got 140w gear grease again.  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Raider Bill

Quote from: caveman on July 22, 2020, 09:04:32 PM
Superior training (probably why she lost).  We fished a different lake than we intended a few weeks ago due to a shootout with police.  The scene was a beehive of activity when we were approaching the boat ramp so we went to a nearby lake.  The good guys won that one too.

If you find you need some crutches, I think I still have some that are unused.  I can bring them to you.
Thanks, I'll let you know. They may give me a set.
You guys had quite a mess over in Frostproof last weekend with the 3 guys massacred while fishing.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

You will do fine when you get one of these. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Nebraska

Read about the three guys fishing last night. How many felonies can one perp  get before he's locked away, oh and it said he started at age twelve I guess  our juvenile system failed as well.  ::)

caveman

Nebraska, the guy that killed those three you mentioned had 230 previous felonies, had been arrested over 100 times and was out on bond for breaking someone's arm with a crowbar during a fight.  That occurred in the south end of my county, Polk.  

The FDLE investigator that appears holding the cell phone at 1:25 in the video Bill shared, coincidentally, is a friend of mine who used to coach my youngest daughter's soccer team.

There have been an abundance of stoopid human tricks around here lately.

Magicman, it looks like your surgery and recovery worked out just like you kneeded it to.
Caveman

doctorb

If the toilet thing give you a problem, a raised toilet seat will make it easier.  Medical pharmacy or amazon should have them. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Raider Bill

I'm home. They missed the nerve so no nerve block and didn't have compression stockings to fit me but other than that yeehaw!

Magicman

Congratulations and keep us posted.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Glad you're home but please send someone right away to get those compression socks. 

Still worried in Pennsylvania. We lost our member Patty when she developed blood clots after her surgery. 

Say when

Tacotodd

I'm very active outside and still suffer from DVT's. My PCP at the time ( he's since passed ) could not figure out why. I still develop them once to sometimes twice a year. My current PCP doesn't know why either. She and everyone else is stumped. GET THE COMPRESSION SOCKS! Sorry if yelling seems harsh, but we want to keep you around for a bit. 
Trying harder everyday.

petefrom bearswamp

Glad it went well Bill
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Raider Bill

Ordered a pair to be delivered Monday.

No great pain last night but I couldn't sleep. The bed wasn't comfortable at all so it spent the night in a recliner.

Watched reruns of history channels " top shot".  If you are into shooting it's pretty good. Sort of like survivor with guns.

I've been getting up every commercial and walking (hobbling)  around the house.

Got a cute live in nurse that will cook for me, beer box is full of IPA and 600 channels on TV. Could be worse.

realzed

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 22, 2020, 08:35:26 AM
Thanks!
Friend says getting on and off the crapper or chair is hard at first.
Yup - your friend sounds like he has experienced it well - he nailed that part!

Raider Bill

The opiods are a double
edged sword. They keep the pain away and also keep you off the crapper or at least productive.

doc henderson

I usually take 1 or 2 pills right after surgery, or to sleep after surgery.  the constipation benefits are robbing Peter to pay Paul!  It eventually catches up with you! :o :o :o
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

I hope that you are OD'ing on stool softeners.   ::)  Also drink plenty of fluids.  

thecfarm

Use a riser on the hopper. We have a high one for the wife. 
Do your best getting around. The more you can bare the pain, the better it will be. Easy for me to say with 2 good knees.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chet

For me I always try ta git off them pain meds as soon as possible. Sounds like you have the same problem I always had, heavy duty pain meds = no sleep. Git through them first couple days and ya got er made.  8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chet

It's been a few days now Bill, are things lookin' up?

Onthesauk

It's been quite awhile Bill, how are you getting around?
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Magicman

Where are you @Raider Bill ??  It's been over a month.  ???

kantuckid

I'll throw in this tidbit on knees if you have a dicey knee situ:

I got my 4th cortisone shot Monday, 9/21st. BTW, the shots really help my knee and buy me time. FWIW, I've had both hips replaced so I'll get the knee when they say I'm "ripe".
 The doc asked if I was willing to try a knee brace and I ask to see it, etc.. The bad knee is approaching osteo and cartilage damage replacement but I get along OK. The brace is a Donjoy with a soft plastic web-like bracing that centers on the patella and surrounds the front of the knee then comes around and velcroes via two wide straps. It has a hinged brace on the outside of the joint-the non cartilage damaged side. I was told it would assist the joint spacing as the days progressed during physical work, so on. It's worn over a thin elastic sleeve for skin comfort. When placed upon the knee its a tad un-comfy but honestly while sawing today I forgot about it. made me wonder why they hadn't suggested it before. I t definitely makes longer days on ones feet doable. 
Hey-you folks (and me) paid for it! Thanks!  8)
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

kantuckid

Update is that I dislike the fitted knee brace they gave me and will be returning it within the 14 days return period. It's the right size and Donjoys a brand used widely but it will not stay up on my knee! The velcro stays in place but the brace itself slides down the smooth cloth sleeve you wear under the brace. It does provide more "hold" than my self bought elastic sleeves but a constant aggravation when working to have a knee brace around ones ankle! 
Back it goes. FWIW, my "good knee" is now starting to talk to me. I suppose it's become tired of me asking it to do more last couple years. Maybe two shots next appointment?
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

petefrom bearswamp

Wore a brace with the problem of slippage such as you are experiencing
I wore it while marking timber and kept it up by using a short piece of nylon rope from the brace  to my belt.
Worked pretty good 
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!