iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New fire pit project from road side salvage

Started by Downstream, October 14, 2020, 09:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Downstream

I came across a free throw away weber 22.5 kettle grill a few days ago.  Guy was in his garage putting together his new one when I spotted the old grungy one by his mailbox.  I asked and he said it was free for the taking.  I took it home and washed it out and cleaned/polished the outside of the kettle with medium steel wool.  I could not believe how good it looked after cleaning.  I bought a 36" piece of 1in aluminum tube from menards.  Cut into 3 12" pieces and bent using hand conduit radius tool to add flareout for better stability on shorter legs.  Inside grates were in good shape.  I will use this for urban backyard firepit by taking out cooking grill when using for firepit.  Nice that when done for the evening I can pop the lid on it to put out fire and head in.  It sits at a good height to be able to view fire and enjoy heat this fall.  It is light enough to be moved and where in the yard that we want to set-up in.  I hope to use tonight for the first time.  The alum tubing was about $7 along a few hours of my time and it gets to live a second life for almost free.  Also now have second kettle for smoking more meat if I have a bigger crowd coming over.

EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Thank You Sponsors!