iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new shirt

Started by tule peak timber, December 01, 2020, 09:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thank You Sir for sharing this bit of your talent and even sweat as you created this work of art.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Fantastic article!  I enjoyed the write up, you are very articulate in your responses.  Though the comment about love where the dogs were listed before the wife.... :o :D!  I am really happy you take the time to share your skills here and help those that ask about your approaches or the products you use, some would hold those as trade secrets or not take the time our of their schedule to respond.  You are a wonder WOC!

I hope things work out with your Kodiak dreams.

tule peak timber

Yup, my beloved "wife-instein" caught that comment also and it will be changed in the final edit. There will also be more about the actual construction tech including the use of carbon fiber internally. WOC
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Texas Ranger

Quote from: tule peak timber on May 13, 2021, 09:21:04 AM
Thanks guys, all of you, for the kind comments! Dealing with the wood is one thing; but dealing with all of the architects, designers, etc. actually is an even more challenging job. The museum work had half a dozen folks involved, whereas the NNRH build took place over literally years with 2 dozen people involved; inspections, reports, samples, more samples, more shades of brown etc. etc.
I like showing off my work to a group of peers of the caliber of FF.
Cheers
Dang, I  think I have been elevated from .22rf up a ways.  Have enjoyed your work, it gives a goal for my small projects.  Well done, sir, well done.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Hilltop366

You sure do know how to put a shine on that crap!  ;)

Tom King

Enjoyed seeing it!!!

Speaking of shirts, I was looking for a cap online that says I'm Vaccinated.  While looking for that, a t-shirt I liked showed up.  It said:  

Even after this virus is over, I want some of you to stay away from me.

tule peak timber

Crab butts are very hard to find,,,,but tomorrow night for dinner we will be celebrating with crab spaghetti.Our deal/offer in Kodiak was signed and accepted this afternoon. Time to start bringing the dream to reality. Yahoo!!!

trimguy

Congratulations on your deal going through !!

Jeff

It'll feel different next time. It'll be home now when you are there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tule peak timber

8)Home is where the heart is. I just didn't find it in Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming. I had some really hard fought growth experiences in Alaska years ago long-line fishing .
The people that I met in Kodiak seemed to blend seamlessly with my rather different way of thinking. Kodiak is a fishing town. It will be a lot of fun planning what to do with raw land (again) and sort of the end of the trip for my wife and I. Can't wait!

Nebraska

Congratulations, on a fine article, awsome work and a new dream unfolding.  Thanks for sharing it. 

AK Newbie

Congrats! Your gonna love this new chapter of life!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

thecfarm

Living The Dream is the way to live!!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodroe

Very impressive woodworking and artistry. Enjoyed reading about the process .
And nice to be surrounded by so many people who
appreciate the beauty of wood grain !  
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Walnut Beast

Congratulations for sure on your new place 👍

samandothers

Man, I am happy for you!  That is exciting!  Sounds like a good reason for another thread on your journey.... with pictures of course!

tule peak timber

Thanks guys for the kind words. It's going to be a fun time planning something special on our little piece of the rock.
On another note I've attached a short video from my client, received this afternoon, of the NNRH curved wall as it is nearing completion.NNRH wall video May1821 - YouTube

Jeff

Its set as private. Dont make me post one of mine as intermission  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tule peak timber

Sorry about that.When I hit preview prior to posting the video ran just fine.Is it something I am doing here on FF ?

doc henderson

I am sure it feels good to finally get some of the big ones done, and revel in it for a few seconds, before starting the next big one.  It all looks great.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

Doc, I wish it was done! I am literally still working for these guys........

tule peak timber

Meanwhile Tony and AJ are whacking up some fattys today as Lily catches some shade.

Nebraska

Fattys is a very appropriate  term for those. They would make all my equipment  cringe in fear.

doc henderson

that dog has no trust issues.  great.  our German Shepard does not move as we step over and around. :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

The secret to big logs and small equipment is somebody younger and stronger pushing the equipment. I'm losing AJ next week as he goes off to become a fireman, so I wish him well and he is always welcome to return. As far as the trusting dog, we kind of sleep in a giant pile at night with me at the bottom and I'm not even sure if it's legal in 49 out of 50 states! We wait hand and foot on our kids and just love them to death. All 5 came to the ranch by their choice. We could start with the dog pics....but that will NEVER end!
In the oak log pic, Tony is standing in the background and you can barely see him after the opening cut. He is over 6'3 or 4. We had to trim everywhere to squeeze it into the mill. More pics tomorrow. Nice looking oak log inside.

Thank You Sponsors!