iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Contaminated drinking water at Camp Lejeune 1953/87.

Started by whiskers, February 06, 2021, 10:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskers

Those stationed or working there and possibly their families may be affected.
Some updates may be found here:

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/hazardous-materials-exposure/camp-lejeune-water-contamination/

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/camp-lejeune/

My stint was with 2nd Motors 64/65 any others care to share?
many irons in the fire.........

WV Sawmiller

I was there living on Tarawa Terrace going through Supply Officer school over at Montford Point Oct 77-March 78 and back with HQ Bn 2nd FSSG all of 1987-1989. We lived out in Jacksonville instead of on base for that tour but still applies. We get the flyers from the Corps periodically. I guess I should reply. At least then maybe the VA would accept me into their medical program which they so far have refused as they say my income exceeds the threshold they can accept.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Iwawoodwork

WV Saw, my wife was a Marine there in the 70's and when she first applied for medical without the camp Lejeune she was denied just as you were, told that she had to much income, then on one of our visits to VA site in Roseburg, Or we found out about the camp water problems so she put together a history of here different medical issues from that time forward to 2019. we took that to Roseburg and they sent it in, after a couple of letters asking for more info she was accepted into the medical . We did have a local VFW advocate help with the original paperwork. Just have to keep trying when they stall or reject. unexpegtedly, Wife was given a 30% disability and $$$ which was a surprise as she was only after the medical, was well worth the effort, especially as we get older with more health issues.

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, we will see what they say. I don't recognize having any of the ailments described. I wonder if it caused hair loss and weight gain? :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!