iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Snowing hard now ,big flakes, Supposed to get a dusting to 1in ???. 3 in. and counting  ::)

51cub

After a nasty day yesterday with all manner of precipitation, it snowed overnight. It's 31 now so lucky all the ice balls that were windrows yesterday didn't set up hard. Everything's cleaning up nice this morning. I guess high winds today are bringing more seasonable weather after a mild stretch
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

I have about 2 inches of  new snow and a bunch of rain on top of that. It did change over to rain at noon time, just like they said, but changed back over to snow, which they did not say, until about 4, than back to all rain for a couple hours.
I have 32 now. Maybe 38 for a high.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

We've had everything here since just after supper last night. A hard rain with wind for hrs, freeing rain for awhile, then mostly light snow or mist for the remainder and the snow has been fine like hardly can see it then turns to big flakes, back and forth. I don't think there is an inch. But would not doubt to see at least 4" by Monday morning. Time will tell. ;D Been around 34 here.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

That rain made a mess!! It's all ice under that 2 inches of snow. I was out on the woods and all I did was spin. Come to a small knoll with 2-3 trees behind me and I would spin through the snow and hit that ice. After having to drop the hitch 2-3 times, I went and did something else. I don't have to do it, so why bother.
With the temp at 12° I think I can go back into the woods now. That snow should be froze to that ice. Not much above freezing temps for the next 10 days. I noticed last night the snow crunching under my feet. Have not heard that much, because of the warm temps. High 20's today. Winter is here.  ;D  Well the cooler temps are. Weather people are saying it's going to be cold.  ::)  As I say, wonder what they would say if it was -10 and a high of 5? Which it could well be at this time of year. None of that in sight, so far.
Only a half hour from me, when I got snow, they got rain.
My boss is not even 15 minutes from me and he did not get the snow we did.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

51cub

16 now on the morning of National Popcorn Day and World Quark Day. Going to the mid 20s and we're going to have some wind. Chances for flurries and squalls through the rest of the week. I got to chuckle when I see what Ray wrote about what would the weather guessers say. I have that problem in the summer when they say it's going to be a nice day and I'm already sweating to beat the band
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Yeah, we barely got an inch of snow. I ran around the yard with my wide steel snow shovel just to take that skim of snow off. Was 16F earlier, then went to 12F here. Sunny first thing, but them dang clouds are moving back in. It just can't stay sunny a whole day. But it's enough sun that I got a window open. ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

10*F this morning. That few inches of fresh wet snow we got has set up like concrete.
Threw a piece of Oak in the stove before bed, still 65 inside this AM.
Haven't used much hardwood in the stove this winter but have an abundance of softwood, fir ,spruce, pine 
for years to come.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

10F this morning, began with a flurry, now opened up to full sun and warmed a little. Today on my 4 mile walk I saw an otter, whose tracks I have seen along the bank of the creek before the last storm a few days ago. Sometimes you get a glance at nature's rarities.  :)

chevytaHOE5674

Been fairly mild and dry (20s and an occasional skiff of snow) UP here until 2 days ago. Winds switched around the temp dropped and the lake effect snow has started falling. 13" of snow yesterday and 6 degrees with -10 wind chills and occasional snow today.

This time last year we had over 200 inches of snowfall, this season just over 70 inches.

thecfarm

I think I had 15° this morning. I have 20 now, but the wind is blowing a little. This might be our "cold" weather for the year. 

Ljohnsaw

Had record heat (71° yesterday) but rain coming Friday then Monday-Thursday.  Up to 18" of snow up the hill.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

We did reach 20F yesterday and I see stars this morning. Another great day coming. :)

thecfarm

I did have 8° when I first got up. Might be a little bit warmer now,10°.  ;D   But should get up to 20. That's not a bad temp for this time of year. Maybe 4-6 inches of snow on the ground.
Seem like last year we did not have much snow at this time either. Last year it would snow and than warm up and rain. We had the storms, but the snow did not stay. Than it cooled off and the snow came and stayed.
I think we only had 3 storms this year? This last one I got no more than 4 inches.

thecfarm

Heat wave at 18° and might get up to 32 today. 

SwampDonkey

I think it was 16F here this morning and got to 25F. Been overcast with squalls for 2 days. No accumulation. Overcast and dry like the past summer. I can walk anywhere, the north side f the house wouldn't have 6" and no drifts into the 'snow fence' brush. ;D I haven't seen the grouse in a while, but been a fox around for the last week. Blue jays and crows coming for bread scraps, blue jays crowd in like sharks. ;D Woodpecker been going in and out of one of the blue bird boxes after he made the hole bigger. ::)

dgdrls

Finally snowing here with more than a dusting NW wind across the Lake
-10c,

D

SwampDonkey

Had about 2" of snow over night, still squally today. Just finished up scooping it out by hand for exercise this morning. Very light dry stuff.

That much again up to the left, plus under the porch to the lower right and a turn spot in front of the garage. ;D

woodroe

20*F this AM and wind with a bite to it. A few single digit nights ahead but
no 3 dog nights as of yet.
Been good temps for working in the woods, got 1 1/2 cords standing dead and downed spruce/fir
out with the 440 Panther and tow behind sled this week.

Old Greenhorn

Well, it's pretty much winter now. 14°F when I got up this morning. The last 3 weeks were just full cloudy days, high humidity with highs in the mid 30's and low in the mid 20's, very depressing. The last few days the sun has come out but has gotten colder and looking that way for a few more days at least. 30 MPH winds yesterday gave it a good bite. No real snow here, just flurries most days with a short squall or two up Barge's way about an hour up the line here, he has enough snow to make his work miserable and he is back to using snowmobiles for access to his equipment.
 They say we may get some snow Tuesday, but not much if any. I am keeping the shop as warm as I can without blowing through wood and this is the time of year I look at the woodpiles and wonder if it will last. At my age, I really don't like working too much outside in this weather. I can, but it takes a toll and this year, for sure, I don't want to get sick. Still I am moving forward on plans in the shop to keep things moving. Getting rid of equipment I don't need and setting up stuff I do need. To that end I may be making a run with a trailer today to pick up a jointer. Not looking forward to loading on a windswept farm, but you gotta do what you gotta do. ;D
 I will say the ground is frozen up right good now. Take a pee on the ground and it just sits there and freezes up in short order. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Had light snow and that wind here overnight, wind still howling. 15F I think this morning. Took the blower out to clean the cobwebs out, no snow much to blow except edges of the drive way. Suppose to clear, then cloud moving back in Mon-Tuesday. :D Never been below 10F yet, if I recall, might be off a couple degrees. ;D

Sure not burning much wood, won't need none until after supper. ;D Neighors burning green wood all day, blue smoke. Twice as much wood burnt, twice as much work. Not going to tell'm noth'n. To look over here you'd thing there was never a fire. :D

thecfarm

I think high teens here with the wind blowing a little. I know my neck and face gets cold quick out there. A nice sunny day.

SwampDonkey

woodroe

Pretty rough night last night with the wind blowing 30 and wood stove whistling.
10 below with the windchill.
When the automatic draft on my old Ashley wood stove
shuts down there is a 3/8"circular hole that remains and it whistles as well as
I can when the wind blows hard. Sounds like a haunted house in here.

chevytaHOE5674

3 nights ago it was -14° with crystal clear skies then the winds and snow moved in. Another 8" the last couple days. Now skies have once again cleared and temps are dropping like a rock.

Thank You Sponsors!