iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Aortic Heart Valve Replacement

Started by Magicman, April 10, 2021, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Yup, PatD has her procedure scheduled for Thursday April, 15th. 

She has been increasingly loosing her stamina and now gets "winded" during very mild exertions.  Her problem is that her Aortic Valve has calcified and the opening is now small, plus it does not close completely/properly.  Her progress has been being monitored regularly with echo cardiograms and more recently with a heart catheterization which showed no heart damage and no blockages.

There are two different Aortic Valve replacement procedures; Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement (SAVR) and Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. (TAVR).  The SAVR requires opening the chest and heart and having the new valve sewed into place whereas with the TAVR the new Aortic Valve is inserted through a catheter and situated within the old defective valve.

Thankfully PatD qualified for the TAVR procedure.  She should spend one night in the hospital and be on sorta limited duty for a few days.  We are looking forward to her getting her "life" back.

We have had an unspoken medical situation with a 57 year old daughter since November that has been a burden emotionally for both of us.  She suffered a bleeder stroke and had to have a palm sized section of her skull removed to allow her brain/fluid to expand to prevent brain damage.  That section of her skull was inserted within her abdominal wall for safe keeping and was reinserted back onto her skull this week.  She got out of ICU yesterday and is now in a room.  She does not appear to have any physical impairments but she suffered optic nerve damage in both eyes and will now have no vision in one eye and very limited vision in the other.  We are very thankful that she is alive.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Prayers for a safe surgery for PatD and speedy recovery. Also, so sorry to hear of your daughter's ailments and loss of vision. As you said, Magic, thankful she is alive. But prayers for her in her recovery, I can't imagine how tough that would be! My BIL had a brain bleed/stroke around 3 months ago. He is 43 and very physically fit. One day he got confused and couldn't speak. It turned out his carotid artery was leaking at the base of his brain, clotted and eventually caused the stroke. All it ended up affecting was his speech, he lost all ability to speak for several days, and has gradually regained function since then. Scary nonetheless!
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

In sorry to read of yalls roller coaster ride lynn.  Hang in there and cast your cares on the Lord.
Praise The Lord

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Gary_C

My best wishes and prayers to PatD for a safe and successful surgery. I was offered the same thru the vein insertion of my failing aortic valve back in 2017 but had to turn the offer down because I had problems with two valves. In the end I had both aortic and mitral valves replaced and a tricuspid valve repaired. My three valve job took 7.5 hours in surgery, two plus days in intensive care and took a very long time to recover. It's remarkable how much less time for recovery with the vein insertion. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

beav

My mother had the TAVR procedure 4 years ago. She did well with it, she is now 93 y.o. and hanging in there. It is simply amazing what they can do nowadays. A young lady like PatD will do well and get a boost from it.
I will be thinking of and praying for her

Roxie

You, Pat and the whole family are in my thoughts. 
Say when

SwampDonkey

Thinking of you folks as Pat has her procedure and heals up and also your daughter who is having a rough time. Hang in there and stay strong for both of them and yourself. Life  certainly has it's challenges.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

RichTired

Lynn, keeping you, your wife, and daughter in our prayers!
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Chuck White

My thoughts are with you and your family, Lynn!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Poquo

You and your family are in our prayers .
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Nebraska

Hang in there! Thoughts  and prayers with you.

Walnut Beast

Prayers for your wife and daughter 

LeeB

My thoughts are with you and yours my friend. Best wishes for both Mrs. Pat, your daughter, you and all your family during the these trying times..
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Old Greenhorn

Wishing you all the best in the coming days. 
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

I hope everything works out for the very best.
Ed K

Magicman

We just got a facetime from our Daughter and she looked and sounded good.  She will get a shunt Tuesday to remedy the fluid buildup.  We are excited.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wudman

Prayers going out for all.  God Bless.

Wud
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

samandothers

Sorry your daughter has had such a rough go the past several months.  I too hope Pats procedure goes well and she recovers quickly and gets her 'life' back.  My prayers are with you and your family during this stressful time.  

firefighter ontheside

I'm glad to hear they are both going to be OK.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

stanwelch

Lynn, prayers for PatD and her surgeon.  Also prayers for your daughter's recovery. Thanks for letting us know. 
My thoughts are with you too Magic
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

DbltreeBelgians

Thoughts a prayers for PatD, your daughter, you and the rest of your family.

Brent 

doctorb

Lynn-

I have been peripherally involved with enough patients that undergo aortic valve replacement that I can tell you that optimism is the rule.  Yes, whether the TAVR or the open procedure, I have seen remarkable, improved results in patients abilities afterward.  Of course it's a big deal, but if Mick Jagger can handle it, so can she.  My best to PatD.  Chin down, straight on into the wind 'til it stops blowin' my friend.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

dgdrls

Thoughts and prayers to Pat, your daughter and you.

Be well Lynn,  they both need you,

Best
D

Thank You Sponsors!