iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Half & Half

Started by maple flats, July 14, 2021, 09:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

Half and half this year is like night and day different. The western half  (of the US) is in a drought, the eastern half is far above normal rainfall.
Right now it's about time to open my blueberry fields to pickers, but it's so wet I can't even mow the aisles.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

farmfromkansas

Here in Kansas, think most are praying for rain.  We are right in the middle, so far this year has not been bad for crops, need rain for fall crops.  Pasture grass still looks good, but it is getting dry.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Southside

May and June were exceptional hot and dry here. Recent rain, but not enough to overcome earlier if we don't see more soon. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Corley5

We were exceptionally dry here until recently.  Now it's wet.  One extreme to the other.  Log truck was in with a load of firewood this morning.  Ten days ago he had issues with dry sand on the job he's hauling from.  Today he had to be pushed through the mud.  Heavy rain is forecast for tonight with more rain into tomorrow.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Raider Bill

It's pouring here right now. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SwampDonkey

It's never been wet here, but we get just enough rain. This week is a bit dryer than it has been. Some rain showers coming tonight. I work on forest roads all week and none have ever been wet since April from frost. Road I'm on this week is as hard as cement.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Been exceptionally good here. Sun almost everyday then a good soaking once a week or so. Scattered showers here and there too. It certainly isn’t above normal rain though. Suppose to get some tonight/tmmr 
A1

mike_belben

I take mine cold with 3 splenda and a big shot of creamer. 
Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

When I saw the thread name, I thought this was gonna be about an Arnold Palmer tea & lemonade drink!

We've gone from dry, near drought conditions here in NH, to over 9in of rain so far in July.  I think we're close to caught back up with rain?  We're not caught up with fixing wash outs, cleaning ditch lines, and flushing culverts...plenty more of that to do
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

mike_belben

I made good use of the last crazy downpour by real time ditching my present dirtwork in a deluge.  Always makes for a more stable site when you get the water shedding perfect before rock goes on. 

I sure kept that shovel pretty low when the big flash and boom show started. 
Praise The Lord

DWyatt

Here in NW Ohio, we are within 3 inches of average. The difference has been that it has been well spread out over the year rather than dumping in the spring and drying up in the summer. Still having weekly rainfalls in July is weird here. My little trees I planted this spring sure are happy.

alan gage

We're having a very dry spring/summer coming off a very dry last half of last year. Got an inch or so of rain a couple days ago which is the most rain we've had in over a month. So far crops look like they're holding their own but farmers sure are nervous. About the time the leaves start to curl we get just enough rain to open them back up.

I picked a bad year to plant 20 saplings and a garden. Getting real tired of watering things.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

SwampDonkey

At first I thought is was about that creamer for the coffee. I won't justify calling it cream though, not with that carrageenan added to it. Canned milk has it to, I won't touch it. Only thing I use for now is 3.5% MF milk, they have not doctored that up yet except Vitamin D supplement. ;D

That being said, tomorrow the water buggy will be on duty. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 16, 2021, 02:00:52 PM
At first I thought is was about that creamer for the coffee. I won't justify calling it cream though, not with that carrageenan added to it. Canned milk has it to, I won't touch it. Only thing I use for now is 3.5% MF milk, they have not doctored that up yet except Vitamin D supplement. ;D

That being said, tomorrow the water buggy will be on duty. ;)
Had no idea they added that. This is in the farmers Brand I assume? I’m a 2% drinker but also enjoy 3.5
A1

Tacotodd

I'm simple, I like my whole milk.  smiley_contract
Trying harder everyday.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: HemlockKing on July 16, 2021, 04:41:05 PM
Had no idea they added that. This is in the farmers Brand I assume?
Baxter, Northumberland, Farmers , several popular brands in the US also contain it.
Only organic labelled cream is unaltered.

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 17, 2021, 03:54:26 AM
Quote from: HemlockKing on July 16, 2021, 04:41:05 PM
Had no idea they added that. This is in the farmers Brand I assume?
Baxter, Northumberland, Farmers , several popular brands in the US also contain it.
Only organic labelled cream is unaltered.
The added sugar to everything is getting out of hand as well, have everyone sugar and salt addicts, humans only need 5g sugar a day, like 12g in just a cup of milk.
A1

moodnacreek

Quote from: mike_belben on July 16, 2021, 11:52:55 AM
I made good use of the last crazy downpour by real time ditching my present dirtwork in a deluge.  Always makes for a more stable site when you get the water shedding perfect before rock goes on.

Watch out for WOTUS.

moodnacreek

Showers every day here. Garden just dry enough to walk on.  This is a wild berry year we have not seen in a while.

mike_belben

Quote from: moodnacreek on July 17, 2021, 07:56:51 AM
Quote from: mike_belben on July 16, 2021, 11:52:55 AM
I made good use of the last crazy downpour by real time ditching my present dirtwork in a deluge.  Always makes for a more stable site when you get the water shedding perfect before rock goes on.

Watch out for WOTUS.
Women of the united states?  Terrible, but i love them anyway. 
Praise The Lord

Southside

Waters of the United States, it was killed last go around but I am sure it's in the wings again.  Basically a mud puddle in the middle of a 1000 acre wheat field in Nevada was fair game for environmental regs under it.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

We've had one of the driest summers I can remember up here. I live on sand and it is NASTY right now. It's lots of fun running the open cab skid steer, all it takes is about 5 minutes and I am black😬
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

Oh right.. The glancing goose rule. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!