The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: First ever ambulance ride and first air bag to the chest.  (Read 1194 times)

Online Ianab

• Administrator
  • Marmite on toast is a real breakfast
    • Share Post
Re: First ever ambulance ride and first air bag to the chest.
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2021, 05:01:12 PM »
I guess I just believe in leaving commuter cars as... commuter cars  

The Japanese car makers don't think that way. :D

Production hatchbacks.
Toyota GR Yaris - Wikipedia

Honda Civic Type R - Wikipedia)

There is a bit more engineering going into those cars than a fart can exhaust and some stickers. ;)

This is my daily drive,

No stickers or loud exhaust, just a big V6 in a Corolla hatch. Japan only model. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2021, 05:23:07 PM »
Im mostly talkin the mostly superficial ad ons like the classic cold air intake cone, couple of stickers, useless loud exhaust that rattles, and crazy camber on the wheels with massive rims
theres a joe dirt side to every manufacturer following.  trust me the southeast has more ricky bobby than you can stomach.  i still will argue anyone to find a better manufacturer than honda.  but i hated dealing with honda ricers for the most part and got out of the business due to the type of people.

idiot owners aside, nothing else belts out more HP/per cubic inch or per dollar.  their combustion shapes, fuel and ignition systems and especially variable valve lift and variable cam phasing are second to none.  honda is a bunch of racer engineers pretending to be a commuter car company.  
Isaiah 63:10

Offline HemlockKing

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 05:26:11 PM »
I bought myself a 3rd gen z28(swapped with a early mid 70s 350, stock mostly minus emissions, hooker headers, edelbrock carb)as my “Harley” and said there, that’s my fun car, Funny it only has like 250hp, 300torq, but it’s just so fun to cruise in, I will leave any thing else I have bone stock lol .
Building the land of my dreams.

Offline HemlockKing

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2021, 05:29:29 PM »
Im mostly talkin the mostly superficial ad ons like the classic cold air intake cone, couple of stickers, useless loud exhaust that rattles, and crazy camber on the wheels with massive rims
theres a joe dirt side to every manufacturer following.  trust me the southeast has more ricky bobby than you can stomach.  i still will argue anyone to find a better manufacturer than honda.  but i hated dealing with honda ricers for the most part and got out of the business due to the type of people.

idiot owners aside, nothing else belts out more HP/per cubic inch or per dollar.  their combustion shapes, fuel and ignition systems and especially variable valve lift and variable cam phasing are second to none.  honda is a bunch of racer engineers pretending to be a commuter car company.  
I havent had a car of Hondas, but Ive run their ATVS, and ATCS my whole life, I absolutely love them. I know their line of cars to reliable though through what Ive been told, I wouldnt mind driving a stock civic as a commuter 

Online Ianab

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2021, 01:11:55 AM »
I wouldnt mind driving a stock civic as a commuter 

You can buy a stock Civic now with over 300 hp AND 300 torque. The amazing thing is that the computer is able to keep it on the road in a FWD hatch. :D  My Toyota is stock at 275 hp and 250 torque. about twice what a Corolla (or Civic) should have. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Offline HemlockKing

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2021, 06:40:45 AM »
I wouldnt mind driving a stock civic as a commuter

You can buy a stock Civic now with over 300 hp AND 300 torque. The amazing thing is that the computer is able to keep it on the road in a FWD hatch. :D  My Toyota is stock at 275 hp and 250 torque. about twice what a Corolla (or Civic) should have.
Automobiles have come a long way. Im not into much of the newer vehicles as I dont like the way they look, but one that I DO, is the current corvette, this gen came out 2017? Anyway it looks like a super car, and has the power of one! Im not sure you guys even see much of chev out there? Probably the odd import someone payed way too much for

Online Ianab

• Administrator
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »
GM have pulled out of the Aus and NZ market completely. Before that they sold under the Holden brand, but never marketed the Corvette. The Commodore was a pretty good car though, especially the HSV models. American cars are available as private imports, but overpriced. Easier to get a used JDM Skyline or Supra etc.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First ever ambulance ride.

Started by pineywoods on Health and Safety

14 Replies
Last post February 10, 2018, 10:10:54 PM
by POSTON WIDEHEAD
xx
New ambulance

Started by jim king on General Board

11 Replies
Last post August 24, 2011, 07:22:34 PM
by jim king