iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cluster headaches

Started by moosehunter, September 21, 2021, 10:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

In mid February I woke up with a headache that was almost unbearable. I say almost because I did live through it. A few weeks later it happened again during the day. I have mild headaches most everyday, I believe from the problems in my neck. I just live with those. This is different. My eye feels like it's going to pop out, nose runs a river, super light sensitivity. As much as I hate to I went to the Dr. Diagnosed as cluster headaches. So now I take verapamil daily to ward them off and that helps them be less frequent. Then if I do get one I use sumatriptan  nasel spray. It is indeed a wonder drug. Works in minutes. I had never heard of cluster headaches until the Dr said it. Wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
Anyone else familiar with them or had them?
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

hacknchop

Never heard of them, sorry you have to deal with them. We are hoping it's a temporary affliction and you get better soon. 
Often wrong never indoubt

doc henderson

I get migraines and sumatriptan helps me, now just get the aura, and not the headache.  I get holiday migraines so the come when all the stress is let off, so I do not get them to often. :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

ellmoe

Had them as a teenager , fortunately they ended in adulthood. Spent a lot of time in the dark with a wet wash cloth over my eye. If there wasn't a bone sticking through the skin , we didn't visit the doctor much! :D  Not fun . I described it as feeling like someone pulling out your eye and twisting the optic nerve like we used to do to the rubber band powered airplanes of our youth.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Raider Bill

My Lady just started getting them 2 weeks ago. Came home from work early which she never does in tears.
CT, MRI all normal. 
Went to chiropractor and massage therapist. Nothing worked.
Pills doc gave her at first just made her loopy but still in.pain ( story of my life mad cow disease crazy and mean)
Been on prednisone 4-3-2-1 which is seeming to help her the best.

Wild Bill had them when he was a teenager but seems to have out grown them thankfully.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

moosehunter

@Raider Bill Have her ask her doc about sumatriptan. It's amazing. I take it when I feel one coming on, sit in a quiet dark place for 10 to 15 minutes and I'm back at whatever I was doing. So far I haven't noticed any side effects. Probably use it once every three or four weeks.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Raider Bill

Thanks I passed it on to her. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

mike_belben

If these eyeball headaches come with loss of vision or color in either eye, or black splotches, read up on the list of symptoms that come with MS because thats often the first clue that leads to an MS diagnosis.  The immune system wrongly attacks the myelin sheath around the optic nerve.

A year or two ago i had an all night headache that felt like someone tearing my scalp off with a glove full of sheetrock screws.  Ive had many many cuts on my bald head and this was the very worst.  It came in pulses, i was curling all over the bed not finding any relief when they were on.  Ive had all sort of scans and a big pile of bills to prove it.  They say im a model of perfect health but i sure dont feel as such.
Praise The Lord

21incher

Not cluster headaches but I have been getting  bad headaches on and off since after I got my second  Pfizer shot over 6 months ago. Never had headaches in my life before this. Always on the left side towards the front. I am really  hoping they don't  last much longer. A couple  aspirin and a couple  hours on the couch and they go away.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!