iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Richland WA

Started by OlJarhead, May 03, 2023, 09:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlJarhead

I know a couple of you have LT40s nearby, or LT35s and I could use some help if one you were interested in coming to Richland to saw something up for me?

My back has gotten worse and I see a back dox next week but walking is painful so even if I get the mill sorted this weekend I really shouldn't be running it and I have a couple customers that need stuff milled.

If interested please PM me.

Thanks
Erik
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Southside

Erik - hope you get your back straight, been there myself way too much and know how bad it can get. 

Jim
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

OlJarhead

Thanks Jim, just need some down time I hope 😞

barbender

Sorry to hear of your back troubles, Jarhead.
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

If its muscular try some Salonpas, they are an over the counter ben-gay sort of patch that really work.  Might take a couple of days but for me when things start to act up it's a good solution. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

OlJarhead

Thanks guys.  Not muscular but I have something many Tim better/more powerful than solanoas 😉

Southside

What I like about those is that they don't have any negative effect and I am able to work while using them, can't say the same for the other stuff.  When I say muscle I mean the muscles are firing up due to a disc bulge or other issue and they are drum tight.  I will turn into a question mark when mine get going, two breaks, 5 surgeries, and countless other procedures have given me plenty of practice. 

Hope you get some relief. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

OlJarhead

Thanks,

I have stenosis of the lower spine which is now causing a sciatic inflammation.   I have a powerful cream that combines 4 different pain releivers etc which helps a little but need an ablation to cut the pain down (if it works).

Too many injuries playing a part I guess.

OlJarhead

I don't plan on quitting  FYI just need to slow down a little 😉

Crossroads

Hope you get better soon Erik, I sent you a message on Facebook 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

OlJarhead

Thanks -- I replied with some details.

Appreciate all the well wishes folks!  

clarkjlouis

Go to the VA and tell them you want a couple of shots of Dexamethasone IM and
Toradol.  Works for me everytime.

OlJarhead

I've got an appointment with the local spine/pain shop on Wednesday next week for testing to see if an ablation will work.  With luck, it will and I can get back in shape and get back to milling etc! (without so much pain).

OlJarhead

Thank you @Crossroads for coming to the rescue!

I had two customers, one I'd quartered a big maple for, and one who had some knarly sycamores that I needed to trim, buck and saw however, with all the delays on my mill (hydraulics and now running poorly) I was starting to feel I was doing no favors to my customers and then my back took a turn for the worse so I asked for someone to take these customers and help me out (by doing the work I couldn't).

Thankfully Kevin responded right away (and we've been trying to meet up for some time now since we're about 3hrs apart) and was able to arrange to take over for me with the customers.

So THANK YOU!  I feel much better knowing they will get the milling done they needed and won't have to wait any longer for me or my sawmill :)  8)

Crossroads

Yes sir, glad to help and it will be good to finally meet!
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!