iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Land of Plenty

Started by sawguy21, June 30, 2022, 01:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

I just finished a bowl of fresh picked strawberries with ice cream. Oh my! 8) Now munching on local cherries, life is good. Just hope the weather holds to finish the peaches, pears and apricots. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

doc henderson

some of the best homemade ice-cream we ever made was with fresh home-grown strawberries. 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Yep, got some fresh berries to, smothered in HÄAGEN-DAZS vanilla bean or PC Black Menu Madagascar bourbon vanilla, pure ice cream. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kantuckid

I cannot afford Hagendazz.  :D Ben & Jerry's goes against my you know what ( :D use your own words here :D).

I love home made ice cream and made my 3 grand daughters a recipe they chose yesterday. It was what they called Cookie Monster and a kids concoction using a VG vanilla recipe, dyed blue with crumbled Oreos and choc chip cookies in it,yuk. I don't go for gimmick ice creams at all.
Brownbread, Vanilla and Lemon are my faves along with peach and fresh strawberry's on vanilla. I like it better when the strawberries are a topping but can go either way. A June apple pie , hot with good vanilla on top is super good.

One of my favorite haunts in my hometown of Topeka, KS is on West 6th street, a place called "G's Frozen Custard". If you go you'll see a constant rotation of old farts who know a good thing.
It's family owned and now the kids as adults run it. One of the few place in the entire USA that makes real custard, not the St Louis style crap that tastes like frozen cake batter, believe me I've tried there in STL! I have stood in line in STL for what they call famously good frozen custard to actually throw it away after being served. The franchise custards I've found zero that are anything like home made ice cream.
The G's version tastes like homemade REAL Ice Cream! I also love their lemon ice cream which is a perfect combo of lemon taste.  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!