The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Land of Plenty  (Read 811 times)

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Land of Plenty
« on: June 30, 2022, 01:42:17 PM »
I just finished a bowl of fresh picked strawberries with ice cream. Oh my! 8) Now munching on local cherries, life is good. Just hope the weather holds to finish the peaches, pears and apricots. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline doc henderson

• Senior Member x2
  • Evil Prevails when Good Men Standby and Do Nothing
    • Share Post
Re: Land of Plenty
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 09:47:10 AM »
some of the best homemade ice-cream we ever made was with fresh home-grown strawberries. 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Online SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 04:14:31 PM »
Yep, got some fresh berries to, smothered in HAGEN-DAZS vanilla bean or PC Black Menu Madagascar bourbon vanilla, pure ice cream. :)
No amount of belief makes something a fact. James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Offline kantuckid

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 08:57:28 AM »
I cannot afford Hagendazz.  :D Ben & Jerry's goes against my you know what ( :D use your own words here :D).

I love home made ice cream and made my 3 grand daughters a recipe they chose yesterday. It was what they called Cookie Monster and a kids concoction using a VG vanilla recipe, dyed blue with crumbled Oreos and choc chip cookies in it,yuk. I don't go for gimmick ice creams at all.
Brownbread, Vanilla and Lemon are my faves along with peach and fresh strawberry's on vanilla. I like it better when the strawberries are a topping but can go either way. A June apple pie , hot with good vanilla on top is super good.

One of my favorite haunts in my hometown of Topeka, KS is on West 6th street, a place called "G's Frozen Custard". If you go you'll see a constant rotation of old farts who know a good thing.
It's family owned and now the kids as adults run it. One of the few place in the entire USA that makes real custard, not the St Louis style crap that tastes like frozen cake batter, believe me I've tried there in STL! I have stood in line in STL for what they call famously good frozen custard to actually throw it away after being served. The franchise custards I've found zero that are anything like home made ice cream.
The G's version tastes like homemade REAL Ice Cream! I also love their lemon ice cream which is a perfect combo of lemon taste.  
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
hot and plenty of it

Started by tule peak timber on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

4 Replies
Last post October 30, 2019, 09:41:44 AM
by tule peak timber
xx
Plenty Early

Started by Autocar on General Board

1 Replies
Last post February 10, 2011, 11:28:13 AM
by Bill Gaiche
xx
Plenty of time for research..............

Started by Burlkraft on Sawmills and Milling

18 Replies
Last post October 26, 2005, 08:43:14 AM
by Burlkraft
xx
Got plenty of ideas here so I thought I'd intro myself

Started by bert0168 on General Board

9 Replies
Last post September 20, 2010, 09:04:47 PM
by Bill Gaiche