iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poll! Accessing The Forestry Forum?

Started by aigheadish, November 07, 2022, 09:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aigheadish

I'm not sure why I care but I find it interesting that a lot of y'all, who I would consider quite busy, reply pretty quickly and participate a lot.

I mostly use a real computer during the week and I think the interface is built a bit better for it, but I will occasionally use my phone on the weekend as well, I find the phone much easier on uploads to my gallery.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

SawyerTed

Being between mills, I saw vicariously by checking the forum often. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

terrifictimbersllc

I use all three some a lot others occasionally and was challenged by the poll options. Sorry thats my story...... :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Old Greenhorn

You may want to edit the title of this thread to include the word 'Poll'. I read most threads through the 'view most recent threads' option and the poll does not show up there. Mostly I use the desktop, but sometimes check on the phone if I am following something important.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

kelLOGg

I check in at least 3 times a day, usually by laptop but also by iPhone.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

aigheadish

New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Jeff

Since I've spent the summer at the cabin, I'm primarily on phone or tablet now, and if a computer is vital, it is still me, via phone to Jeremy on the computer. I'm prett computer incapable anymore beyond basic stuff.

I would have clicked all of them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

at work I have two screens for patient care and two screens for x-rays, and a third (firth)to find the pt. name and info to record x-ray results.  my lap top sits in the middle of this mess and has the forum on it most of the time.  the other computers and screens are logged into virtual other systems.  i do have 12 hour shifts that i never get to bring my laptop up! :) :o 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

I use my chromebook(laptop) 98% of the time.  I have it on my desk at work, on my recliner at home, on my recliner at the firehouse in the evening.  Occasionally when we are out and I want to check in I will log in on my phone just to see what's going on.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

RECLINER AT WORK!?  Oh that is right, we have one too in case it is not too busy at 03:00,  carry on! :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, it didn't show up. but it should now.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

firefighter ontheside

If I'm lucky I can retire to my recliner around 5 most days.  Some days its later.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Patrick NC

There is no internet access here except satellite,  which in our experience might as well be none. I exclusively use my phone because Verizon 5g iss the only source I have. I suppose I could use my phone as a Hotspot and use the wife's laptop, but the phone is just more convenient. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

Jeff

Our internet here at the cabin is att hotspot and our phones. New for us about a month ago. No more verizon.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Resonator

I use my main home office computer to check every day. My phone I can check whenever I have to wait somewhere, but I do uploading of pics, reply texts, or watch video links at home.
                                            pc_smiley
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

SawyerTed

We use satellite internet here.  Is it great? Not like cable but fast enough to stream movies in HD without buffering on the Firestick or smart TV.  Emily can video conference just fine as long as we don't have heavy rain or snow. 

FF loads pretty fast and YouTube plays fine.  Is it cheap? Not really but cheaper than the "customer aid in construction" cost from the cable company to get cable here. 

Whenever Elon quits messing with Twitter and gets Starlink working here, we will switch to Starlink. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Ljohnsaw

There should be a choice of "check WAY too much!" for me :D  I, too, am surprised at how often some people post.  Like MM.  He seems to be doing so much work you'd think he'd have no time to post yet I'll see a lot from him.  When I was working on my cabin, I'd do a quick check in the morning (hot spot on phone to laptop), another quick check at lunch and then kill time in the evening between dark and bed.  At home now, if the weather is bad, I'm on learning about something new.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ianab

I voted for desktop and often, because I like my comfy chair / dual monitors / nice sound system and fibre internet. 

But I also use my phone if I'm out and about and just filling in time (waiting for kids to get out of school etc) 

I tend to collect and tinker with older computers like some folks collect old chainsaws.  ;) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

moodnacreek

Laptop, still don't have a cell phone. At camp there is no service, just the way I like it.

Old Greenhorn

OK, you guys made me look. I have almost 3500 hours here on the forum, which is probably too much time for one thing. :D (Well except for that 'other' thing, but at my age.... :D.) Truth is, my desktop is always logged in and the page stays up 24/7. I only shut it off when we travel, and that is rare. When I come in from the shop for lunch I check the newest posts and catch up, then again at quitting time. Then again all evening until bed.
 Truth is, I learn so much here and there is so much going on with the folks here that is interesting that I don't want to miss it. I learn a LOT about things I have no experience with and new doors and thoughts open every day, so I can't stop. If I take a break in the shop, I will check on the phone. If I am at the mill, the digital world does not exist, so I have to wait. But I enjoy sharing in others victories and triumphs and the working out of problems and conundrums with help form like minded folks. It's a pretty rare thing in these times. I am even more tickled on those rare occasions that I can offer something that might be useful.

doc henderson

Tom.  you opened up a little can of worms there.  I figure 2 minutes once a month x 50 years is only 1200 minutes or 20 hours.  so your good.   :o :o :o   ::) ::) ::) 8) 8) 8) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) ;D

doc henderson

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, but that time is only over 4 years which comes out to 525,000 minutes per year of activity.

doc henderson

on the forum...
I was talking about the "other thing"!

Old Greenhorn

Yeah Doc, I figured you would go there. I WAS trying to let it slide on by.

Thank You Sponsors!