iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT40 setworks "power on" problem

Started by amberwood, September 03, 2006, 07:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberwood

Evening/morning all.  Back to the real job this morning, spent most of the weekend working the soon to be mine LT40 training/handover etc. A couple of things have come up that I want cleared up before I am paying the repair bills.

First one is the alternator that failed on Sat arvo!!

Second. It seems to have a fault in the power supply to the setworks panel. When the ignition switch is turned to the "0" position the screen still shows "manual mode" etc.  In an earlier attempt at repair the switch was replaced with a genuine part but the condition prevails. If anyone has had this problem I would greatly apperciative of some good advice.

LT40 Super 1996..Lombardindi, Setworks panel is marked as REV J01.BUT the internals have been replaced at some point with the later sealed version of the module.

Third. Does anyone have the cam belt change info handy? Proceedure/ timing settings?
Model number#  LDW 1204/TB2..SER#3959921. the current owner has a spare new belt and is going to have it professionally changed before we sign over the ownership.

I will try and get some pics up later today of this machine and a couple of others that are on site..with the woodmizer.

thanks
DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

sparks

Check the accessory solenoid it may be stuck on. When you turn the key off, check both big teminals of the solenoid. Only one should be hot. If the mill is a non-remote the solenoid is in the control box. It is mounted on the bottom of the box and to the left.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

amberwood

thanks..will crack open the control box this weekend and see what we find.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

sparks

Depending on the rev of the 1996 mill you may not have an accessory solenoid. If this is true you will want to trace the 12 volt wire from the setworks and see where it is connected. It should be connected to a "key on" circuit only.  Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

amberwood

Sparks, late 1996, two plane clamp.

Is there serial number somewhere to ID the unit?

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

sparks

If the mill is original and has the clamp that raises up and down and in and out it will be a 1997 mill. If it is a super mill it has an accessory solenoid. If it is a standard mill it does not. You can look by tracking bolt for the idle wheel an there should be a serial number there. It will have the date the mill was built and the revision number. If it has 2 hydraulic pumps it is a super mill.   thanks

amberwood

Sparks..thanks. \

Yes it is a Super, I will check for the serial number this weekend when i go up to the plantation. Should clear things up considerably.

thanks again
DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

amberwood

all fixed. I was as suggested the aux solenoid that was sticking closed. One tap with a small sized persuader and was back to normal.

thanks for all assistance.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Thank You Sponsors!