iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey,  Jeff

Started by timberbeast, June 13, 2001, 06:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberbeast

Did you get my message or did I bollox it up?
Where the heck is my axe???

Jeff

Bout the Hat?
Yup your velcome beast or are ve talking avout sumpthin else? dang v key
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I guess I can post this here, the thread does have my name on it. :D

I have been asked by i or maybe 1 and 1/2 people if My paintings were on the net. In a word "was"?

anyhoo, I have temporarily stuck up my old original, back in the day, first, website.

I know, lots dont work now, but there is some stuff on there that you might find interesting. Or at least different!

https://forestryforum.com/jeff

timberbeast

Yep,  da hat!  Thanks.  More cards?  Don't worry about the v key,  makes you sound like an erudite Svede!  

Jeff

timberbeast

Thanks,  Jeff!  I vill pass them out to every logger I know,  and send one to my buddy in Oregon who logs as well.  I visit with him often on some pro-gun ez boards.  I think he would make a great addition here.  In fact,  I'll invite him over,  and invite you to our place,  which is livefiresportsforum@ezboard.com  (I think).  See,  I bookmark everything,  and never can remember the real address.  This site is not competitive with you,  just a bunch of pro-second amendment rights people who became friends on another board.  No McVeighs or militia types,  just pals who share a common interest in firearms.  Most posts are about other things,  though.  Check it out,  you'll find some cool people,  and my wife Lori is the moderator on a few of the boards.  Quite a few loggers there,  too!

Gordon

Jeff I must say you are an artist with out a doubt. I'm happy if the stick man that I draw has two arms and two legs. :)

Da hat is way cool and built very well.

Gordon

timberbeast

Thanks,  Jeff.  I vill pass out de info and cardz.  Did you mail anything to T.K.  in Rock?  If not,  I will send him the info with a personal note,  and to others I know,  as well.  Might generate a few members,  or at least a few look-sees.

Jeff

I like this thread, must be the name.

I am back from the U.P.! I have some pictures to get developed for our tree I.D. fun and games, (Might have one that gordon has a chance at ;)) what a chore catching up on posts after being gone a week. I did call home and have my Boy check on How Mr. Charliehead was doing for me, Charlie, after just a few days of knowing ya, I knew Tom could make you famous!

Tom, no pictures on the Herring Fishing. THe wind never let up enough to get out, and we also had 2 days BELOW FREEZING >:(

Ron W. I need a picture of you, :D Charlie needs a pal besides the potato...

Tom

BELOW FREEZING...............in July?? ?? ??

Jeff

Yup, No that is not normal. I have never seen it that cold in July. One morning the thermometer said 28 and the other 30.  I heard that it got down to 25 near Petoskey. Tomorrow it is supposed to be near 90 here. MICHIGAN!

Tom

We tool around in the 90's pretty regular.  You'd think I would lose some weight but I guess my appetite is insatiable.  Lord, I don't know what I'd do if I was in freezing weather in July.  Stay inside and eat half a cow I guess. ;D

L. Wakefield

We have been ranging from the 50s at night (down to 49 a week or so ago) up to a high of 97. Despite that, and with the help of a lot of good rain days, I am getting a good crop of peas, and everything else is coming along nicely. The balsam poplars are even surviving!

Somewhat more offtopic, I just bought a Troy-bilt 5hp sickle bar mower. What a beast! It's for the orchard where I can't fit the tractor and a regular mower- and lets me throw the green chop to the cows. You best have checked the way beforehand, cuz it will run right into stumpage, rocks, whatever. I will be riveting on more knives shortly unless I mend my ways pretty quick ::)  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Gordon

Hay Jeff you better go over to the ID thread. Yes I did get lucky that every one was on vacation and no one else was guessing, but you got to take them when you can get them.

Oh yea did I mention that I did get one.  8) 8) 8)
Shoot I forget the name of it now it's a um ur well it has a very pretty white floweredy looking thing on da leaves. Yea thats it.

So now I'm happy that I got one correct after 42 incorrect guesses. >:(

Well I guess it's back to the sawbooth for you on monday. Hope you had a happy fourth as well as everyone else.

Gordon

Ron Wenrich

Jeff

I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid!   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

CHARLIE

Hello y'all!  I'm back! I took a couple of days and went to the American Association of Woodturner's 2001 Symposium in St. Paul.  What a great time and it's amazing what a lot of people can do with a chunk of wood and a piece of steel.   ;D

Jeff, the Charliehead did get me notariety or infamy...I'm not sure which, but the employees for the company where I work have certainly enjoyed it. So far I think it's
Tom='2' and  Charlie='1'. I just might have to share another story to even things up.  :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

I got my pictures back from vacation. I thought I would share my first feeble attempt at chainsaw carving. This was an Eastern Larch I cut down (Tamarack) because it had died. This little critter just happened to be inside. He will probably grow antlers before fall because I think he's a jackalope.

He stands guard just around the corner from the outhouse on the main trail going in the woods. My Sister's dog growls, and hugs the other side of the trail now as she passes.

I did use some white spray paint, and he has glasses made of a coat hanger.

CHARLIE

NJJ! (Nice job Jeff) 8) 8) 8)   I've always admired chainsaw art and can't figure how someone can just start cutting a chunk of tree and find a statue inside. Many years ago I tried to get Tom to try it cause he's a arteest of sorts. But he said he prefers to spend his time sharpening chainsaws. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Gordon

Nice looking rabbit Jeff. I told the wife that I could make something like that and she laughed. She said I could build anything with steel or wood and fix just about anything, but to carve something or draw something is just not me. My feelings were hurt, but not for long. ;D

So a good discussion was started--was I actually artistic or not. Well my first point-I just designed and built a root rake for the tractor. Counterpoint--That is engineering and fabricating not artistic. Point begin with the end in mind. Counterpoint-look at the messy drawing that I worked off of.

Ok she is right, but I did have design changes when building the rake. Both in the geometry and with the steel that I had in stock at the house.

Well I can build stuff and may have just a little bit of artist in me I've just got to find it that's all. So for now I'll stick to drawing stick men and maybe someday I'll try my hand at some chainsaw artwork. That way if it does turn out messy then I'll say it's rustic that's all.

By the way Jeff those glasses are classic!!
Gordon

Tom

I bet I could do something like that.  My wife says I'm Autistic.

Thank You Sponsors!