iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bacon Oysters

Started by DanG, December 25, 2007, 11:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I was reading Bibbyman's thread about working for Warden Sawmill, and it turned into a debate about seafood, particularly clams and oysters.  Feelings seem to run as deeply as those about grits. ::)  Well anyway, it got me to thinkin' about oysters and how I could just run down and get me a bag of'em tomorrow, and that got me to thinkin' about bacon wrapped oysters.  MAN HOWDY ALIVE! Now that is something good to eat!  It's real easy to make them, too.  All you need is some oysters, preferrably just shucked without washing all the flavor off of them.  Get some cheap, thin sliced bacon and cut each slice into 3 pieces.  Wrap an oyster in a piece of bacon and poke a toothpick through it.  Repeat until all the oysters are wrapped and place them on a cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with pepper.  If you have to use pre-shucked oysters that have been washed, you might want to sprinkle a little salt on them before you wrap them.  Pop them under the broiler till the bacon looks done, then flip them over to cook the other side, and they're ready to eat.

Now if that don't wake your tastebuds up, you may as well crawl into a hole and pull the sod over your head, 'cause you must be dead!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

DanG, I done ate too much the last two days and now you are making my mouth water.....
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Furby

Sounds good too me!
After you flip them over and cook the second side, unwrap, toss the oyster to the garden for fertilizer (don't want to make the dog sick ;) ) and eat the bacon. :)

Texas Ranger

Some folks got no taste, DanG left out the Cold Beer.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

It goes without saying, Don, so I didn't say it. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

DanG!  I can taste them now :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

flip

Doesn't matter to me, if it's wrapped in bacon it's fair game.  Oysters, clams or anything else in a shell you can pop out and eat raw is good eats.  Mom made some oysters Rockefeller yesterday, yum.
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

LOGDOG

I'm headed for New Orleans tomorrow. I guess now I'm just going to have to pick up a sack of oysters along with those jumbo shrimp. My mouth is watering thinking about those bacon wrapped oysters. Thanks for the idea.  smiley_clapping

LOGDOG

Tom

The biggest problem I have with those High-faluttin' recipes is that I don't have the patience.  I'd have the oysters eaten by the time that I could get the bacon fried in a pan.  I don't think I'd ever be able to wrap an oyster.  It's kinda like picking blueberries.  I come home with a belly full and a teacup with a few in the bottom. ;D

sawguy21

I could eat them like candy prepared DanG's way.  8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

limbrat

Salty sweet dredge oysters from open water  that sounds sooo good. I love sampling to find the right sacks. But its five hours to the water so i guess i will get a tub reef oysters from super one and try Dangs plan.
ben

JAMES G

furby you just need to know how to eat them.Step one put a oyster in your mouth step two bite it between the eyes  step three swallow and it wont wiggle going down :D

Thank You Sponsors!